Sir Dumpling

Scorpion Cat Back Exhaust - First Impression

For anyone looking at the Scorpion Catback system, here are my first impressions after having them just fitted.

There doesn't seem to be many 86/brz owners here that have gone with Scorpion and there's only a handful of videos online with it but quality is pretty poor. For these reasons I was hesitant to go for them but the 20% off Black Friday and Carbon Fibre Tailpipes option, I bite the bullet and purchased them on the 22nd of November and they were on back order so I only just managed to get them installed.

Went for a resonated one at first but changed to a non-res a bit after since order was still in production and I'm glad I did! Noise is not overly loud, definitely a bump over stock,  deep tone and no drone really. Haven't been on the motorway yet and only occasionally do so if it does drone on the motorway, I'll hardly get to experience it. Not loud when idling.

Other than this secondary cat back exhaust, everything else is stock. The sound may be not deep enough for some and personally I'd like a deeper rumble too but I guess that'll come in the future when I install UEL headers. I know, I should've gotten a resonated one if I was planning to go UEL in the future but that wont happen for a while and Scorpion sell's just the resonated section of the exhaust for 80ish so that's why I changed my initial order from resonated to non-res. For now though, I'm very happy with it. What do you guys think?

Here's a quick video I took with some revs to the engine. Couldn't get one with a cold start.

9993BA7A-8433-4EF3-8A75-081D43DE9035.jpg

554F7E49-631E-425E-A288-F4BF0B652B8D.jpg

A0DB6180-DA04-4624-905C-AF39A1870806.jpg

Sounds pretty good. I can hear a little touch of raspiness on the rev, is that just the video, or can you hear it in real life? Not much of a concern but it might be worse if you get catless headers 

I have to say, I did a double take on opening this thread and seeing the thumbnails, because you have the same colour as me, I used to have Valentis, and your registration number is only one digit different to mine. For a split second I was convinced it was my own car :D

I don’t particularly know what rasp sounds like exactly, still new to this sort of stuff but the video captures the sound very well and it’s basically identical to real life so I guess there is a hint of rasp in the higher rpms.