Daninplymouth

BYE BYE 86

Sadly after owning my 86 for 31/2 years I have now sold it. Was a bit sad to see it head off down the road especially after the 1000’s I had put into the car. Using it as an only car I decided I fancied something a bit more comfortable and was looking for an automatic for city driving.

Only positive really is I’m keeping with Toyota’s and picking up my corolla 2.0 tomorrow. Hopefully in a couple of years the GR86 will drop in price then I can run one as a fun car

All the best Dan. Love what you did to your car. Stage 2 mods... You built it well and made it your own. I know what exactly you mean when you say I want Automatic and something more comfortable. Glad you are still with Toyota!

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

The Corolla is a very good looking car, and great to drive.  That looks like a GR to me?  The 2 litre feels remarkably quick, and we were very torn between a Corolla and CHR.  The CHR was just a bit more practical for family use.  Enjoy!!  

After five years of ownership I traded my 86 for a C-HR, apart from being a bit slower, not regretting the change whatsoever, the C-HR is more comfortable and quiet and of course more economical.

On 11/14/2021 at 10:28 AM, Subota Boy said:

The Corolla is a very good looking car, and great to drive.  That looks like a GR to me?  The 2 litre feels remarkably quick, and we were very torn between a Corolla and CHR.  The CHR was just a bit more practical for family use.  Enjoy!!  

Yes it a 2.0 GR sport looks really nice and goes quite well too. Although I have just mainly been pootling so far was nice to see anything from 40-70mpg