wilki

Hello, new GT86 TRD owner, ex MR2 mk2 owner

Hello everyone,

I'm the proud new owner of a Pearl White, GT86 TRD Auto. (Flappy paddles, so I can pretend to be a race driver (I use pretend in it's strongest possible form :D))

Had her for 2 weeks now. Was hoping to get out and take some good introduce myself photos, but now I have time, the climate is properly against that idea at the moment 🌧️ = 🐈+🐕.

So a quick snap from last weekend will have to suffice for the moment. (promise to get some better ones soon). Had a good drive up to Cumbria to a campsite. 

20211022_170901.jpg.c9b3a4cebc922e9333cdb3d9b2d4e4de.jpg

Absolutely loving it so far. The rasp from the TRD exhaust/backbox brings a childish smile to my face :):):). and the 18" 3DSM 0.01 wheels are an added bonus. Also has the leather with red diamond stitching interior which I didn't even know was a thing until I saw this advertised. 

No crazy plans. Just fancying on treating myself at Christmas to a blitz induction kit. Then I like the idea of giving the engine bay a good tart up. Get rid of all those yellow caps, don't know why but they offend me a little bit :D

Other than that also fancy swapping the rear boot spoiler out for something else a little beefier and a set of Valenti rear lights. I'm sure more opportunities to "mess" will get my attention in due course :D.  

For now, after coming from a BMW 3 series coupe 320i (E92) I'm just enjoying having something abit more fun to drive and look at. Nice to have a car to get excited about again 🤩.

Plus after coming to JAE regularly with my own Cosmos blue MR2 mk2 rev5. I've had to settle being a passenger for the last 5 years plus-ish as my dad now has ownership of the MR2. Be nice to come to the Japanese car shows in my own car again next season :D. 

Look forward to speaking with you all as time goes by.

Kind regards

Wilki

Hiya Chris, congrats on your new GT86. Definitely get signed up for Japfest Silverstone and I expect Donny too. I expect we should return to a full season of shows and events too by next year. :)

Hello just had to join

Well I am on the forum header photo 🙂 ha ha

I'm Wilki's dad, I am coveting his GT86.

4 hour drive to veiw & same back, its a lovely car, the TRD Kit really sets it off, I'm already offering one of my kidneys + the Cosmos MR2 to fund one ha ha

Also hello Lauren hopefully will meet up again soon