Jay Bamrah

AVO turbo kit near basingstoke

Does anyone have an AVO turboed gt86/BRZ not crazy far from basingstoke.

what’s everyone’s thoughts on the kit? Stage 2 + oil cooler + clutch + variable boost controller.

how did the people with the kit find the Fensport overall  service

Imho its the best turbo kit on the market for the 86/brz. Looks OEM.

Spent a long time reading up on it and if I hadn’t at the last moment gone SC instead i would have got the AVO kit for sure.

44 minutes ago, Leeky said:

Imho its the best turbo kit on the market for the 86/brz. Looks OEM.

Spent a long time reading up on it and if I hadn’t at the last moment gone SC instead i would have got the AVO kit for sure.

Can u tell me why pls

On 10/13/2021 at 1:14 PM, Jay Bamrah said:

Can u tell me why pls

Off the top of my head -  

Placement of the turbo. Which equates to:

Cleaner/simpler install with more of an OEM look

shorter length of the header pipework

(Turbo dependent) faster spooling and less lag

lower centre of gravity

lighter system

Shorter oil/water feeds/returns

less hot exhaust pipe near the belts

less heat soak and better air flow as the turbo isn’t wedged up between the top of the engine and the bonnet

I’ve been buying on/off from Fensport for about 20 years, so if they use the AVO kit then I trust their knowledge/experience/opinion.

AVO’s kit is really well designed and built. I’ve seen/heard of quality issues on a number of other kits.

Lots of US tuners are also using the AVO kit and making lots of reliable power.

I only chose to go SC only as I thought the limited supplies of the Cosworth package along with their huge development/testing process (plus their name and reputation) meant it would retain more future value and in 20-30 years may even go up in value.

1 hour ago, Leeky said:

Off the top of my head -  

Placement of the turbo. Which equates to:

Cleaner/simpler install with more of an OEM look

shorter length of the header pipework

(Turbo dependent) faster spooling and less lag

lower centre of gravity

lighter system

Shorter oil/water feeds/returns

less hot exhaust pipe near the belts

less heat soak and better air flow as the turbo isn’t wedged up between the top of the engine and the bonnet

I’ve been buying on/off from Fensport for about 20 years, so if they use the AVO kit then I trust their knowledge/experience/opinion.

AVO’s kit is really well designed and built. I’ve seen/heard of quality issues on a number of other kits.

Lots of US tuners are also using the AVO kit and making lots of reliable power.

I only chose to go SC only as I thought the limited supplies of the Cosworth package along with their huge development/testing process (plus their name and reputation) meant it would retain more future value and in 20-30 years may even go up in value.

How many miles have u done with ur SC on and what’s ur review on it? Who fitted it for you also. What power u running ?

Around 5k. Amber Performance fitted it for me in the end as I just didn't have the time to do it myself. Made a shade over 300bhp at the flywheel.

Its great actually. Still feels NA. Hasn't ruined the way the car drives at all. It now just feels like I have a much bigger engine.

Very happy with it.

On 10/13/2021 at 7:17 PM, Leeky said:

Around 5k. Amber Performance fitted it for me in the end as I just didn't have the time to do it myself. Made a shade over 300bhp at the flywheel.

Its great actually. Still feels NA. Hasn't ruined the way the car drives at all. It now just feels like I have a much bigger engine.

Very happy with it.

Heya Leeky, which headers are you running with your Cosworth SC?

I've had the TD NA package installed and I half regret not saving up and just going directly for a supercharger. I've been looking into getting a Cosworth SC but it's just waiting for one to come up for sale that's not horrendously far away from me.

1 hour ago, Quantum said:

Heya Leeky, which headers are you running with your Cosworth SC?

I've had the TD NA package installed and I half regret not saving up and just going directly for a supercharger. I've been looking into getting a Cosworth SC but it's just waiting for one to come up for sale that's not horrendously far away from me.

Stock header still with stock 1st cat