Sign in to follow this  
GravelRash

** SOLD** Cusco Steering Rack Brace

I recently purchased the Cusco steering brace and installed it, before my car even left the garage I'd also managed to get hold of the TRD bracing kit which includes another set of steering rack braces. Following some discussions I've decided to use the TRD steering brace. Therefore my cusco steering brace is available.

The brace has been installed on my car, never driven on (the car never left the ramps) and then uninstalled, so the sum total of time on my car was 1 week.

They are very easy to install, using the stock bolts, but I needed a breaker bar to get the OEM bolts released.

This is what the look like installed (Passenger side)

1717980970_Cuscobracket.jpg.209dc7bd997724035765d4a8fc01768d.jpg

This is the drivers side off the car, showing both sections roughly assembled.

1198405002_CuscoBracketOffCar.jpg.f8290ce1433e2033bff76a8b1249915a.jpg

I will also include the instruction sheet, but it's basically a simple install and the OEM bolts should be tightened to 120nm (same as the wheels).

The dirt is underseal off my car.

Where can I buy them brand new?

Fensport has them for ~£92 + postage: https://www.fensport.co.uk/collections/toyota-gt86-2017-on/products/steering-rack-mount-reinforcing-brackets-cusco-gt86-brz

What do they do?

From my research Steering braces tighten up the steering on initial turn-in during high speed corning. They are thought of highly and frequently seem to be named as one of the best brace types to install. Alternatives mentioned are poly brushes. There's also some positive feedback for poly brushes and braces on the steering rack. I have both now fitted.

How much am I looking for?

I'm looking for £75 ono and they are near Stoke-on-Trent.

Postage?

I've no idea TBH, I don't live near a post office so pick up would be my preferred option. Assuming my car isn't on the my lift I might be able to help fit them.

Because they are potentially more track orientated, I'm at Oulton Park on November 15th and again on December 17th and I can bring them along.

But I'm not against postage if necessary and we can sort something out.

Edited by GravelRash
Item has been sold.