Sign in to follow this  
GravelRash

Steering Rack Braces

Hi,

Last weekend I fitted the Cusco steering rack braces. This week the TRD brace kit arrived and therefore I have the TRD steering rack braces as well. They cannot both be fitted together so I need to make a choice. The car also has new polybushes in the steering rack.

At the moment my drivers side has the TRD brace fitted and the passenger side has the Cusco. I've not driven the car so I have no experience of either at the moment. I have a slight preference but it's based on nothing scientific.

Does anyone have any experience of these and does anyone have an opinion of which might be better? I do have a preference but I'd like to hear what others think.

The set that doesn't get picked will be available for purchase.

The TRD bracket. Sorry about the angle, the car's in the air and I was on my back.

1810737631_TRDBracket.thumb.jpg.2712038578c1ca244d6dad071739e22d.jpg

The Cusco Bracket on the car:

1089546619_Cuscobracket.jpg.dcbfa8e37f30251738c54c2ac9d903d8.jpg

And what it looks like off the car

682263730_CuscoBracketOffCar.jpg.5d4f644ba464572563e216be20358eb2.jpg

If you go with the Cusco braces I would be up for buying the TRD braces off you.

(Not that I have any knowledge of one being better than the other. But my car has lots of TRD parts already and I was planning on buying these to add to the collection lol)

I've got the Cusco ones, and I rate them. The difference is small and subtle, but I do feel there's more feel around the straight-ahead position, the initial turn in gives a bit more feedback. YMMV, obviously!

What I originally wanted was the Perrin Steering rack lockdown bushes, but they are only available for LHD cars.

I've decided to use the TRD braces so the Cusco braces will be up for sale shortly.

The reason was basically:

a.) It's red (as my car is)

b.) I preferred that it triangulated the steering rack, although I don't really think this makes a difference as I don't see a plane of motion, but, see a.).

The Cusco brace, for anyone that's interested, seems thicker and weights a little more. It's a really nice blue (IMO) as well.