Sign in to follow this  
ToothlessSimpleton

GR 86 or GT 86?

I've had my GT for 8 years now (my only car and a daily driver), still love it, still drives brilliantly. But I can't wait to get the GR when it comes it (but when?!) - linking to the OP, while that still seems some time away for us in the UK, I suspect that with a number of GT owners like me looking to trade in for the new car it could put a lot of extra s/h GT's on the market at the same time, which would potentially be good for making entry into GT ownership even more affordable.

I would not wait for a GR86 as chip shortages so will take ages to deliver, and will be very hard to get hold of one. Very similar to our cars perhaps worse steering by a smidge I hear. Yes GR86 power is nice but it is essentially the same chassis, slightly lower. Even has some of the bits from my 2017 model graphics wise etc on screen, parts etc. What you could do is buy a used GT86 wait for a used GR86 and upgrade when available. Like the GR Yaris though I think used prices will be very high for GR86 also.