fpan

Child seat

Hi,

Is anyone using a child seat on the back of their car and how easy are they to use?

I assume the passenger front seat would have to be moved all the way to the front to make access possible. Does a passenger still fit "comfortably" at the front with the seat  slided forwarded?

I wonder if it's too much of a compromise.

Thank you,

I have a child seat I use on occasion in mine, no problem with access, and my partner was comfortable in the front passenger seat. It didn't have to be all the way forward. 

Seat is an older version of this :

https://www.maxi-cosi.co.uk/car-seats/axiss?channable=01305f6964003836303836373131313092&color_swatch_id=5516&gclid=CjwKCAjw7rWKBhAtEiwAJ3CWLLftgbSWdAGDg6tB9vJNwvwxtQSLB9PPccR2LAkoPDc6WA43qIHvHBoCyjEQAvD_BwE 

Wow, you have done well DuncanM. I've found you need the passenger seat all the way forward with a baby seat in the back. No chance of another passenger up front. Just end up using the family car instead 😂

Woohoo a topic I have experience of.
I have a Cosatto Hubbub I have used behind my (driver seat) with a little comprimise on space for my 2.5 year old. This is ISO-FIX and fits from 9 months on, used a maxi cosi pebble when she was younger behind driver seat with no real issue when using the seat belt fitting rather than the ISO-FIX fitting.
Now eldest is bigger 6 she has a Recaro sport hero which is seat belt fitted rather than ISO-FIX. her legs are just about long enough now to tuck under passenger seat and allow the wife room. Although on a family trip this year I sat her up front and the wife in the back.
Worst time was probably when they are around 4 and are a bit young to put up front and legs almost have to stick out horizontal from the seat bolster. It was tight up front then

I use Recaro sport hero. Average size adults fit comfortably in the front passenger seat, it can slide about 3/4 way back.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk