Tom21

K-sport brake info

Does anyone know if k-sport use the same calipers and and fittings between the 330mm kit and the 355mm kit?

Like would I be able to buy either disks and get them to work with maybe just a different caliper bracket?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I use PB Brakes which are made in the same factory as K-sport & D2 brakes (And they're cheaper!) and as far as I'm aware yes, when you specify the larger disk size it's all the same gear just with a different bracket.

Ah cool I've just had a look at their kits, how have you found them? I guess if they are similar then they might be interchangeable with k-sport/ ap racing discs and stuff

On 9/16/2021 at 8:19 PM, Tom21 said:

Does anyone know if k-sport use the same calipers and and fittings between the 330mm kit and the 355mm kit?

Like would I be able to buy either disks and get them to work with maybe just a different caliper bracket?

They do indeed, the 330 leave a small amount of the pad compound "free" and not in contact with the disk. It gives a lip to the pad, but other than that no issues with it.

I track the car with the 330 K-Sports and stock rears. Cant fault them at all!

The kit fits C5555 pads which gives great availability and range of choice.

Oh cool thanks, yeah i had my first trackday the other week with uprated disks and pads and still put a big glaze on them aha. So yeah gotta spend some money I guess .

I think I've only done the disks, at the moment I have DBA T3 disks and EBC Yellowstuff pads, I'll probably go for the same pads in a bbk setup aswell.

12 hours ago, Tom21 said:

I think I've only done the disks, at the moment I have DBA T3 disks and EBC Yellowstuff pads, I'll probably go for the same pads in a bbk setup aswell.

Huh, that's the exact setup I ran before I put on the bbk. 

The pads last about 3x as long in the bbk, and the disks look like they will crack long before wear becomes a problem.