Jay Bamrah

Have you guys seen how much BRZS are going for in auto trader

I know used car prices have gone crazy due to semiconductor chip shortages and new car lead times and people now work from home so don’t need cars etc… but why are BRZS going for so much money right now more than most cars.

was just looking because I was bored

EDF6B25F-6750-41AC-BD94-4A2BC4EB36EE.png

If I didn't actually like the car and want to keep it, I've probably got a healthy £4k profit in my BRZ since buying it last November. But whatever you gain you'd lose right away buying a replacement car, unless you go back down the ladder, or don't need another car at the moment. So it's all a bit academic really :)

Give it 18-24 months and things will start to get back to normal.

I doubt anyone will get a 86 as cheap as I did...paid 11K in 2019 for a 2018 with only 4.5k miles....

Cat S, but fully repaired and to this date the only issue's I've had is the passenger door needed adjusting because it rubbed a bit on the bottom and the passenger side wheel was slightly buckled but got replaced by the dealer under warranty.

I feel like 86 prices will go up a bit since the new ones are so hideous (personal opinion ofc) and the whole E10 fuel thing will have a lot of older car owners looking for new. My mk2.5 mx5 ran like a bag of spanners on E10 and I cant see many older 'cheap' sports car owners willing to pay for the premium fuel, which is only not E10 for another 5 years, and not able to afford modern sports car prices which seem to start around 30-60k these days. 

On 9/1/2021 at 3:55 PM, Kono said:

I doubt anyone will get a 86 as cheap as I did...paid 11K in 2019 for a 2018 with only 4.5k miles....

Cat S, but fully repaired and to this date the only issue's I've had is the passenger door needed adjusting because it rubbed a bit on the bottom and the passenger side wheel was slightly buckled but got replaced by the dealer under warranty.

I feel like 86 prices will go up a bit since the new ones are so hideous (personal opinion ofc) and the whole E10 fuel thing will have a lot of older car owners looking for new. My mk2.5 mx5 ran like a bag of spanners on E10 and I cant see many older 'cheap' sports car owners willing to pay for the premium fuel, which is only not E10 for another 5 years, and not able to afford modern sports car prices which seem to start around 30-60k these days. 

This - you got one hell of a deal there.

I think the GT prices will go down when GR is finally out (at least initially) but I expect low mileage examples to go up in price after a few months of GR's release (in before GR -> GT body swaps are here!)