Shad

BRZ 6th year body service/underbody retreatment

Does anyone have any experience with having their BRZ go through its 6th year body service and the underbody retreatment process? I'm approaching that point with my car and will be speaking to the local Subaru dealers for prices, but possibly also 3rd parties who do that sort of thing too. Sadly my body service history is missing 2 stamps so with the warranty now void I'm not tied to getting Subaru to do the job, although I'm wondering if they'd be the best place anyway.

All input welcome!

On 7/14/2021 at 7:50 PM, Shad said:

Does anyone have any experience with having their BRZ go through its 6th year body service and the underbody retreatment process? I'm approaching that point with my car and will be speaking to the local Subaru dealers for prices, but possibly also 3rd parties who do that sort of thing too. Sadly my body service history is missing 2 stamps so with the warranty now void I'm not tied to getting Subaru to do the job, although I'm wondering if they'd be the best place anyway.

All input welcome!

Get it done at Bulldog Twyford, the Subaru Dealers. It's cost me about £160 all in and got the stamp in the Body service of booklet.

If its your 6th service( 60K miles) ,  you will also need the plugs changed. So budget for it too.

Nice to see a recommendation for Bulldog. I've been using them for parts so far. I do the servicing myself so not worried about that (plus the car has only covered 27k miles so I won't be touching the spark plugs for a long while yet). Seems like a fair price for the undersealing work though, thanks for that info :)

19 hours ago, Shad said:

Nice to see a recommendation for Bulldog. I've been using them for parts so far. I do the servicing myself so not worried about that (plus the car has only covered 27k miles so I won't be touching the spark plugs for a long while yet). Seems like a fair price for the undersealing work though, thanks for that info :)

Just saw your location as Newbury and advised Bulldog. I have been using them for years now and they are amazing. You know when you get all sorts of Impreza's and WRX's parked there for service, that you are in safe hands. They can deal with stock cars and modded cars with the same ease and enthusiasm and you get to see these Prodrives or Cosworths as you drop and pick your car. What's not to like? :)

They also charge just 1 hr 15 mins labour to change spark plugs as they have the right tools to deal with boxer engines and do it day in day out. 

All in all, I highly recommend them!

As usual with regular maintenance, mileage or year, "whichever comes first". There are things that wear from driving, there are things that degrade by age. For maintaining proper history of maintenance one needs to change at right dates even if driven very little (as frequently is, in these covid times, at least those, that work now from "home office").