gazza82

Spotted - two Giallo's in two days

First one turned out onto the A38 heading south yesterday ... I saw you wave at the last minute (sorry!).. I was in the Blue BRZ heading north and trying to listen to SWMBO and concentrating on the satnav at the same time.

Second was today and heading west on M4 between J8/9 and J10 .. I was in SWMBO's Alfa MiTo as we had a large item to pick-up which I knew was never going to fit in the BRZ's boot!

Storage space in twins is surprisingly big once rear seats are lowered. Doesn't help if one cannot get too wide stuff through small/narrow opening though like eg. for large tv set and alikes. Still, no problems carrying all four wheels with track tires to track, or skis to mountain and alike..

17 hours ago, Church said:

Storage space in twins is surprisingly big once rear seats are lowered. Doesn't help if one cannot get too wide stuff through small/narrow opening though like eg. for large tv set and alikes. Still, no problems carrying all four wheels with track tires to track, or skis to mountain and alike..

I've already had plenty of stuff in the boot and dropped the seat .. this wouldn't have gone under the parcel shelf .. I had the dimensions of the box so checked.  Even if it had the length of the box may have been a problem as it may not have slid under when on the boot edge. (Anyway, I quite like driving the MiTo!)

I've had wheels/tyres, a car door (Austin A35), bikes (with front wheel & pedals removed usually), and some very odd stuff in there including a large, and long, centre table decoration from my daughter's wedding! The fencing trellis was a bit too long so involved some bungies and once strapped a 4m piece of guttering to n/s mirror and boot spoiler to get that home from the diy shop! 

For a sports coupe they are pretty flexible! Haven't tried sleeping in it yet! ;)

1 hour ago, gazza82 said:

For a sports coupe they are pretty flexible! Haven't tried sleeping in it yet! ;)

Don't. Just as trying to drive as passenger in rear seat of these cars. Theoretically somewhat possible, but you'll feel bad if trying, quickly. Not as if sleeping is bad in ours because "sporty" or because "coupe", in most cases, wherever one has to sleep in (any) car seat, you'll wake up all stiff/in pain due uncomfortable sleeping pose. I recall one friend of mine that chose one specific SUV for that purpose to be able to sleep in it during some fishing trips, that must have feature for it was for seats to be foldable in way for completely flat floor for not that uncomfortable sleeping. In case if i'd use this car for long trips, i'd probably get sleeping places via booking.com or take normal tent/carpet/sleeping bag with me to sleep outside car.