Sign in to follow this  
NJay

Toyota servicing and withdrawal of 5+ club

So signed up for Toyota 5+ club this year and now found out from dealership that it's been withdrawn as Toyota relax programme has replaced it 

In a nutshell Toyota no longer give 20% discount to 5yr+ cars and now include 12month extended warranty (up to 10yrs/100000miles whichever comes first) with every service carried out 

Seems great but on top of service and mot, I need aircon re-gassing £79 and handbrake needs adjusting which is another £79. Did challenge the latter as I have never been charged before in all my years of owning cars but they say neither interim or full service include adjustment.

Could have done with 20% off the total bill rather than 12m warranty lol

36 minutes ago, NJay said:

So signed up for Toyota 5+ club this year and now found out from dealership that it's been withdrawn as Toyota relax programme has replaced it 

In a nutshell Toyota no longer give 20% discount to 5yr+ cars and now include 12month extended warranty (up to 10yrs/100000miles whichever comes first) with every service carried out 

Seems great but on top of service and mot, I need aircon re-gassing £79 and handbrake needs adjusting which is another £79. Did challenge the latter as I have never been charged before in all my years of owning cars but they say neither interim or full service include adjustment.

Could have done with 20% off the total bill rather than 12m warranty lol

Handbrake adjustment not included in a service it’s a minor task when wheels are off I had a service plan which was useless but once my car came back with less travel on the handle so it is part of service 

Wow this is interesting. Do not judge a book by its cover. Your car is modified right Nik? How will the warranty even work with modified cars, i do not know, even if we get it serviced from/by Toyota.

5 minutes ago, BRZ-123 said:

Wow this is interesting. Do not judge a book by its cover. Your car is modified right Nik? How will the warranty even work with modified cars, i do not know, even if we get it serviced from/by Toyota.

Well you obviously haven’t dealt with my dealership I did for 5 years and gave up and believe me the book isn’t a good read in my case 

18 hours ago, BRZ-123 said:

The warranty will work as it always has with modified cars. Any failure would be looked at, but it is not necessarily going to void your warranty just because you have modifications. I had no problems with warranty claims despite having modifications. 

Update. They only 🙄😂 charged £37.50 as it was on the visual safety check sheet and same on the invoice

I have looked through the service checklist  and it says check brake pedal free play & parking brake travel. Its a black box for intermediate (which is what my car was in for) meaning not applicable to this service interval. It's a white box for full which according to the legend says check combined with white box means check and adjust, top up or report (extra charge for fluids)

Not sure where that leaves me as on one hand it wasn't even meant to be checked but on the other it needed doing and so they charged me for out of service work?