Cfb86

MOT and service with Toyota?

Hey guys just wondering is a main dealer arsey about modified cars when being serviced and MOT’d

Getting mine done at my local main dealer just want to know what’s ahead of me, they should be fine right? Since I’ve only got a cat back and a panel filter at the minute 

if any one has any stories let me know 

Just now, Cfb86 said:

Hey guys just wondering is a main dealer arsey about modified cars when being serviced and MOT’d

Getting mine done at my local main dealer just want to know what’s ahead of me, they should be fine right? Since I’ve only got a cat back and a panel filter at the minute 

if any one has any stories let me know 

My bunch wouldn’t test mine with a catback only as it was too loud but  they don’t have noise meters at test station i was told testers decision never heard of anyone else having this issue mind 

Have a n1 and a k&n filter, didn’t have any issues with service and mot at Toyota. Just made sure they knew about the filter. They even called to double check with me.

24 minutes ago, nikndel said:

My bunch wouldn’t test mine with a catback only as it was too loud but  they don’t have noise meters at test station i was told testers decision never heard of anyone else having this issue mind 

What cat-back do you have? 

1 minute ago, nikndel said:

Agency Power not many in the U.K. I think 

Just checked it out on YouTube doesn’t sound much louder than mine🤷‍♂️ Got a few months yet but hope they let mine go through 😂

2 minutes ago, Cfb86 said:

Just checked it out on YouTube doesn’t sound much louder than mine🤷‍♂️ Got a few months yet but hope they let mine go through 😂

There can’t be a dealership as useless as my one but why go to a main dealer in past experiences they are the last people to use for mot in many cases

Just now, nikndel said:

There can’t be a dealership as useless as my one but why go to a main dealer in past experiences they are the last people to use for mot in many cases

I was going to get the service and mot package with my local dealer so I still have everything done by Toyota for the history in the future (fussy I know) but yeah maybe I should consider going else where for a MOT.and just keep full service history with Toyota instead 

4 minutes ago, Cfb86 said:

I was going to get the service and mot package with my local dealer so I still have everything done by Toyota for the history in the future (fussy I know) but yeah maybe I should consider going else where for a MOT.and just keep full service history with Toyota instead 

If you’ve removed a cat you may be pushing your luck

2 minutes ago, nikndel said:

If you’ve removed a cat you may be pushing your luck

Haven’t done it yet but I was thinking about Going catless manifold 

I have the Tuning Developments NA package and invidia N1 fitted. My local dealership in Peterborough wont pass an mot as they know that the primary cat is missing. They also complain that it  is noisy when it goes in for service. So after service  I have to take it to another testing  station to get an mot.  I am just down the road from Fensport but Toyota fixed price servicing is quite cheap for a 2013 gt86, so use them currently

8 minutes ago, Greenmx5man said:

I have the Tuning Developments NA package and invidia N1 fitted. My local dealership in Peterborough wont pass an mot as they know that the primary cat is missing. They also complain that it  is noisy when it goes in for service. So after service  I have to take it to another testing  station to get an mot.  I am just down the road from Fensport but Toyota fixed price servicing is quite cheap for a 2013 gt86, so use them currently

Cheers mate that’s good to know sooo go to Toyota for  servicing alone and else where for mot if decat 😂

On 5/28/2021 at 6:27 PM, Cfb86 said:

Haven’t done it yet but I was thinking about Going catless manifold 

Removal of an emissions device is grounds for instant mot failure even if you pass the emissions test.

Main dealers tend to be quite strict on that one while an independent may not know what the stock headers should look like. 

You're better off taking it to a tuner with a friendly MOT station. I have no problems with single cat and emissions.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk