Jay Bamrah

Is anyone forced induction and still passing emissions tests legitimately?

2 minutes ago, BRZ-123 said:

Enjoy the dyno and now dont ask what 2.0 and 2.3 means. Search on the forums or Google and you can find it. Screenshot_20200121-223534_Gmail.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Oh wow that’s impressive that’s more than what I would want to be fair😂 the car is so light small number gains are much bigger deal than most people expect driving like BMWs weighing 1500kg I have also noticed it means passengers effect the cars speed more noticeably though😂

makes me super exited to see your car man if that’s a dyno for your kit

1 hour ago, Church said:

It may seem not like big gains regarding bhp (IIRC it was something like 240 or 260bhp?), but, what actually is felt by driver, more gains for torque (obviously also filling well torque dip). And mild gains overall do well for not needing doubling or tripling modding budget for accompanying mods, as stock components do sufficiently well. Slight pity that Cossy stopped selling this kit. Some other kits may claim higher gains, but this seemed well thought out compromise for simplicity/reliability.

Do u know why they did because in my research it’s most people’s go to

Oh wow that’s impressive that’s more than what I would want to be fair the car is so light small number gains are much bigger deal than most people expect driving like BMWs weighing 1500kg I have also noticed it means passengers effect the cars speed more noticeably though

makes me super exited to see your car man if that’s a dyno for your kit

Want more data , if you relish as you mention weight. My car has a full size spare in boot ( 19 kg) and 25 KG + of sound deadening. Inspite of that only 1307 KG without driver and a full tank of fuel. 55 - 45 weight distribution. What more data would you like

What cannot be measured cannot be managed.

20210409_161124.thumb.jpg.3e699e948f23bdbacf822cd6c76b65f8.jpg20210409_161135.thumb.jpg.50d77cda9f6eac471135b60a188c0505.jpg

Just now, BRZ-123 said:

Want more data , if you relish as you mention weight. My car has a full size spare in boot ( 19 kg) and 25 KG + of sound deadening. Inspite of that only 1307 KG without driver and a full tank of fuel. 55 - 45 weight distribution. What more data would you like emoji12.png

20210409_161124.jpg20210409_161135.jpg

How did you weigh your car like that?!? I didn’t think to weigh my sound deadening unfortunately I don’t think it will be that much tho 😂

How did you weigh your car like that?!? I didn’t think to weigh my sound deadening unfortunately I don’t think it will be that much tho
Professionally weighed at a weigh scale. Full on with sound deadening. Just boot before , during and after for reference. If I close my doors , it sounds like an S class ( exaggerating a bit but you get my drift). Go big or go home.

IMG-20191220-WA0012.jpgIMG-20191220-WA0008.jpgIMG-20191220-WA0006.jpg

8 hours ago, Lmc said:

My car is running 290bhp on tuning developments turbo kit. The stock clutch lasted about 5 minutes before it started slipping.

How many miles had it done? Mine had 320bhp at 10k miles and clutch was fine. Was inspected at 6 year service (20k miles) and showed little signs of wear.

How many miles had it done? Mine had 320bhp at 10k miles and clutch was fine. Was inspected at 6 year service (20k miles) and showed little signs of wear.
The OE clutch is a bit of lottery after going FI as every application exceeds the max torque limits.

6 hours ago, Jay Bamrah said:

How’s everything else holding up  how many miles have u done with it and how many miles does ur car have?

Every thing else is fine. I’ve only done about 3k miles since it was done as it’s a weekend car and not my daily 

1 hour ago, ThatGuyThere said:

Around 48k on oem clutch

15 hours ago, Jay Bamrah said:

If you didn’t track your car would you still have done it? Also that thread had a lot of useful info thanks for that!

Good question.  I guess I went to it as a default when I had the SC fitted as it was something I'd been thinking about.  If I was only using it for the road I might have done something similar to Martin, and waited to see whether it seemed like it was getting particularly hot.

Martin's thread is great for inspiration.  I've tried to upgrade my car without compromise and using good quality parts, and Martin has definitely taken a similar approach.

22 hours ago, will300 said:

Well technically you not currently legal anyway. 😂

Just out of curiosity is replacing a OEM cat with sports cat legal? Like does it count as removing the cat as its not the OEM one? 

16 hours ago, Jay Bamrah said:

Do u know why they did because in my research it’s most people’s go to

Hey Jay.  Yes it is a pity they stopped making the kit.  However, Cosworth provide engineering services throughout the motoring industry and are also working in new technologies, so there is/was a lot going on. Their research when developing the S/C kit for our cars was exhaustive to say the least, so no compromise as they wanted to protect their reputation apart from any other factors. 

The kits did not sell as well as maybe expected because they were not cheap.  But then it is Cosworth, so I for one of the few takers, was quite happy to pay a premium for the reassurance the company name provides.  And even though they no longer produce the kit, the senior engineer on the project is still only an email away. 

The kit comes with a conservative map of around 270bhp, which you can then extend with exhaust and pulley upgrades etc, and individual maps can be created for personal modifications, overseen by the Senior Engineer.  I had, I think, 6 maps done during the setting up of my car, which all went back and forward to Cosworth as various exhaust options were tried.  Having a safe map was the key factor.

5 hours ago, Lordyboi said:

Just out of curiosity is replacing a OEM cat with sports cat legal? Like does it count as removing the cat as its not the OEM one? 

It's legal, assuming the car still meets the MOT emission requirements for that vehicle. 

As stated above, I have the Harrop supercharger and Rogue Motorsport EL manifold, pulling about 300bhp.  That means I only have the 2nd cat in place.  The O/P asked about passing emissions legitimately, which I have done.  You just need to get the cat nice and hot before the test.  As for legal - well, they don't look too closely and may not remove the underfloor panel to check.