Hi, quick question regarding tyre sizes as I will probably be looking at a new set soon.

im currently running PS4 in 245/35, I use 9” wheels. Not sure whether to stick with these or go up to a 255. I do 3-4 trackdays a year and only use one set of wheels so thinking the wider tyres would help on track, I know it’s a compromise not having a dedicated set of spare wheels but I’m happy with that for now. Car is running 320bhp and will be forging and upping that in the future.

If I go to a 255 is that likely to increase or decrease grip on the road when tyres aren’t fully hot?

I currently use 245/40 r18 on 9.5 wheels. Plenty of grip and they only look very slightly stretched.

Next set I will try 255/35 but for 9.0 wheels I would keep 245/35 or try 245/40.

I do about 6-8 track days a year. Like MPS4 (particularly in wet), and they last about 1.5yrs/ 10(ish) track days. Will try Eagle f1 supersport next to compare.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

On 5/14/2021 at 8:12 AM, VAD17 said:

I currently use 245/40 r18 on 9.5 wheels. Plenty of grip and they only look very slightly stretched.

Next set I will try 255/35 but for 9.0 wheels I would keep 245/35 or try 245/40.

I do about 6-8 track days a year. Like MPS4 (particularly in wet), and they last about 1.5yrs/ 10(ish) track days. Will try Eagle f1 supersport next to compare.

Thanks I have been eyeing up the supersports too as they seem to compare to the PS4S so should be a bit better than the PS4

Great choice on Goodyear. Watch the latest review

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk