Abi

Please Help - Brakes

Hi all,

I bought my GT86 (17 plate) two weeks ago and ever since Ive noticed a squealing noise every time I break at slow speeds. The garage that I bought it from was not a Toyota garage so they've also been a bit puzzled. 

They first got me to bring the car back so they could sand a new surface onto my brake pads which did nothing to stop the squeak. Next they booked it in with the Toyota garage local to me who changed my front pads to a softer compound as part of a recall/bulletin but said at the time that they would also like to change my disks but were unable to get in contact with the other garage for authorisation.  The pads did nothing to stop the squealing. 

The garage where I purchased the car from are reluctant to replace the disks in case it does not solve the squealing noise, and have said that it sounds like a characteristic of the car. 

Is this something that the car just has or is this something that is fixable? Any advice or suggestions are gladly welcome. 

Changed mine to ebc green stuff with brembo discs which did squeek untill they got worn in.

Have a look to see if there's any debris stuck in the caliper anywhere aswel.

Sent from my J8210 using Tapatalk

For this type of car and this type of brakepads the squeal, it's very common. There are a few things you can do in the hope to avoid the squeal: 

- brake very hard a few times from a good speed . This might rub of some material which has built up.

- change brake pads to something less squealy

Otherwise, accept it :) #becauseracecar.