Sign in to follow this  
VAD17

The British Motor Show: 19 - 22 August, 2021

We have been asked whether we would like a club stand at The British Motor Show

The British Motor Show. 19th -22nd Aug 2021. More than just a Motor Show

What is it?

Taking place from 19th to 22nd August in Farnborough Hampshire the show has many different zones, including a large outside club, classics and motorsport display area.  

In summary, the show is a fantastic 4-day event to suit car lovers, families, car buyers, tech and electric vehicle fans including:

• 3 Halls of indoor exhibition space
  • Over 4 acres of outdoor display area
  • Classic car parades in the Live Arena
  • Sporting Bears Dream Rides
  • Automotive celebrities
  • VIP parking

What do we get?

• A free outdoor stand space (20m x 20m spaces for 12 cars, which can be increased if required)
  • Free driver ticket
  • 10% members discount using a unique code supplied in a bespoke advert
  • A limited number of spaces in our Live Arena classic car parade.
  • The chance to mix with celebrities - Mike Brewer, Fuzz Townshend, Tim Shaw and more.
  • Professional on and off-line display materials promoting details of your cars. Allowing exhibiting and visitor interaction in a safe and socially distanced environment with our support partner pastdrives
  • And the opportunity to enter the best club display and Crazee robot making competition.
  • A chance to spread your enthusiasm to those wishing to start a career in the motor industry during our Automotive Expo.

However

Plots must be manned for all 4 days, with the flexibility to change vehicles over each day (before 9 am or after 6 pm).  For those stands that retain the same lineup all weekend full site security will remain in place.

Standard size stands are 10 x 10 for 6 cars or 20 x 20m for 12 cars (based on an average car being 2m x 4m).

So, the question is do we have sufficient interest to have at least 5-6 cars on each day (Thursday to Sunday) and a volunteer to be responsible for manning the stand on each day?

I can volunteer for Friday 20th, but let me know during the course of the week if you would be interested in joining or volunteer to man the club stand.

The alternative is we just buy public access tickets and meet there on one or more days.

I'm in for any numbers of days and can "man" for one of them (preference depends on which events I may wish to attend).

Does anyone know about accommodation? Or, should we expect to drive off then on overnight? (I have family that is close).

VIP tickets looks tempting - is that for one day or the whole event?