Notaricer

Cheap BBK swap

In an over braked car, you can push the pedal harder and you will get more bite. Sure it'll feel like a heavy pedal, but it will still stop harder, until you lock up the tires.

In an under braked car, once you reach the critical temp, pushing the pedal harder won't do anything. It's fucking horrible to experience. 

Come to think of it that's just how I've always thought of it, not sure if I'm right, but it makes sense to me 😂... It's like knowing how to pronounce a word you've only ever read.... 

I've always know it that way as one has not enough capacity and that other has too much. 

In an over braked car, you can push the pedal harder and you will get more bite. Sure it'll feel like a heavy pedal, but it will still stop harder, until you lock up the tires.
In an under braked car, once you reach the critical temp, pushing the pedal harder won't do anything. It's fucking horrible to experience. 
Come to think of it that's just how I've always thought of it, not sure if I'm right, but it makes sense to me ... It's like knowing how to pronounce a word you've only ever read.... 
I've always know it that way as one has not enough capacity and that other has too much. 

That makes sense too. I always just understood it as you’ve braked too much (overbraked) because the harder you press it doesn’t make a difference I.E. brake fade.

You’ve underbraked because you’ve not pressed hard enough or for long enough to get the discs/pads up to temp.

That is a good analogy. At least we’ve arrived at the same conclusion; just got there different ways.

So someone else is on a similar track of thinking and has asked for interest in FB on kits .. details below so you might want to explore and compare and contrast

≈===========≈
I wonder if anyone would be interested in purchasing brackets that allow you to run RS250 Megane Brembos on a GT86?

These will also fit BRZ and Subaru Imprezas

After looking at the price of second hand Brembo items I just couldn’t stomach the cost. 15-20 year old calipers that will more than likely need a rebuild and have probably been heli-coiled cause of galvanic corrosion. The MEGANE RS250 Brembos can be purchased brand new for approx €300-350 from lots of sellers on EBAY. The piston sizes are equivalent to the OE optional extra Brembos found on the 2017+ cars.

Anyway I’ve designed these brackets that are made from billet aluminium and are KTL coated. For those of you who are not familiar - KTL coating is an automotive standard coating that is electro plated to these brackets.

Using off the shelf Subaru WRX STi discs 326mm vs. 294mm & Brembo pads.
This is a 100% bolt on solution. I would sell the brackets with all the associated hardware - GR10.9 bolts in automotive geomet coating. Then it’s just up to you to go to your local motor factors and buy the parts. All associated part numbers etc. will be supplied with the kit also.

Please reply to this post if you are interested.

I would need minimum 10. off confirmed orders of the brackets before I am able to get them manufactured. Approx €200

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

So someone else is on a similar track of thinking and has asked for interest in FB on kits .. details below so you might want to explore and compare and contrast

≈===========≈
I wonder if anyone would be interested in purchasing brackets that allow you to run RS250 Megane Brembos on a GT86?

These will also fit BRZ and Subaru Imprezas

After looking at the price of second hand Brembo items I just couldn’t stomach the cost. 15-20 year old calipers that will more than likely need a rebuild and have probably been heli-coiled cause of galvanic corrosion. The MEGANE RS250 Brembos can be purchased brand new for approx €300-350 from lots of sellers on EBAY. The piston sizes are equivalent to the OE optional extra Brembos found on the 2017+ cars.

Anyway I’ve designed these brackets that are made from billet aluminium and are KTL coated. For those of you who are not familiar - KTL coating is an automotive standard coating that is electro plated to these brackets.

Using off the shelf Subaru WRX STi discs 326mm vs. 294mm & Brembo pads.
This is a 100% bolt on solution. I would sell the brackets with all the associated hardware - GR10.9 bolts in automotive geomet coating. Then it’s just up to you to go to your local motor factors and buy the parts. All associated part numbers etc. will be supplied with the kit also.

Please reply to this post if you are interested.

I would need minimum 10. off confirmed orders of the brackets before I am able to get them manufactured. Approx €200

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Thanks for that mate. I guess they are very very similar. The brackets seem like they’re made to a higher standard than the ones I have sought after. If I was going to get some made for this build then I would get them made to a standard that people choose.

I’m not looking to sell them for that much if I do, and I’m not going to try and make a business out of this; just sort people out if that’s what they want to do.

Just a bit of an update whilst I’m on here. The callipers themselves totalled £308.53 and that was including import fees and shipping. I didn’t realise but Amazon do some sort of ‘import fees deposit’ which means that I pay it to them and they cover it when it gets here.

I believe I have made progress on the brake pads situation. The OE pads are definitely measured incorrectly. I’ve just received the callipers I’ve measured the housing. After countless more hours of research I have found the right size pads. Depending on manufacturer, they are about 131mm x 77mm pads. These can be found on the Volvo S60 R and V70 R.