Nandeyanen

What intake is this?

I noticed when I bought my car recently that it had an aftermarket intake fitted. I've been trying to find out but there isn't anything obvious on it that I can identify it with. Looking at products online it might be a Mishimoto intake?

I'd also appreciate any thoughts on whether or not I should put it back to stock. I'd need to buy an intake as the car didn't come with the original.

DSC_1310.JPG

DSC_1309.JPG

DSC_1308.JPG

Don't know it, but i'd never think of getting such. Shiny metal may look good, but = heat soak. AFAIK Mishimoto's inlet tubes were plastic and were for use with stock airfilter box.

It might be worth removing the jubilee clip's and rotating the silicone to see if there is any mishimoto branding on the silcone coupler. 

3 hours ago, Nandeyanen said:

I'd also appreciate any thoughts on whether or not I should put it back to stock. I'd need to buy an intake as the car didn't come with the original.

The main issue with that type of intake, is you need to remove the bumper each time you service the car to clean/replace the filter element. 

If it ain't broken don't try to fix it will be my advise. @will300  s advise is sound, turn it around to see the brand. Also there is a chance that the ECU might be remapped after the intake change, Pull the cruise control lever towards the steering and have a look if the rev needle sticks to 1000, 2000, 3000 0r 4000 revs. If yes, it has been remapped and i will not change the intake unless you want to flash the tune back to stock as well.

Thanks everyone for your feedback, I had a closer look at the silicone coupling and it says Mishimoto on it. I'm not sure about a remap, I have pulled the cruise control stalk whilst driving but didn't notice any change. Should I have tried this with the ignition on/engine off or ignition off?

If it has been remapped you can do it when parked up and just turn the engine on. In neutral let the car idle then pull the cruise control stork for 2-3 seconds. If its been remapped the rev counter will move to 1k, 2k, 3k or 4k to indicate which map its in (most remaps have 4 settings). With the engine still on and car in neutral, pushing the cruise control stork up or down should see the rev counter needle move. Pulling the stork again will select that map. 

Hope that helps. 

You can even do it while driving, as long as you're not in cruise control.

In my case, I'm careful not to move it to '4' as it's an immobiliser setting!

I believe the Immobiliser setting works only if the car is switched off. It will not switch on as the start up fueling is set to zero . With a running engine, it should not immobilise as it is very risky if a user error happens.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

On 4/20/2021 at 8:19 PM, Shippers said:

If it has been remapped you can do it when parked up and just turn the engine on. In neutral let the car idle then pull the cruise control stork for 2-3 seconds. If its been remapped the rev counter will move to 1k, 2k, 3k or 4k to indicate which map its in (most remaps have 4 settings). With the engine still on and car in neutral, pushing the cruise control stork up or down should see the rev counter needle move. Pulling the stork again will select that map. 

Hope that helps. 

That's a handy tip for anyone looking at or having bought a car - thanks! I've given this a try but no result, so I'm guessing it hasn't been mapped. The only other obvious mod is a P3 vent gauge. The intake sounds nice and raspy on full throttle but I wonder if not having the resonator is making it slightly less responsive - or if the infamous torque dip is to blame.

On 4/20/2021 at 9:03 PM, BRZ-123 said:

I believe the Immobiliser setting works only if the car is switched off. It will not switch on as the start up fueling is set to zero . With a running engine, it should not immobilise as it is very risky if a user error happens.

It depends on how it's setup ;)