wiggs94

Grey 2013 GT86 For Sale 25k Miles, £14000

Hey, I've decided to sell my amazing GT86, this was going to be my project car but have decided to sell early as we now have a new family dog and I need a little more space.

A very low mileage 86, with 25,030 miles on the clock. Its got a full service history last serviced on the 26th September, MOT due on the 25th August 2021. 2 previous owners, its been well looked after so has had a few parts added to it (all OEM parts have been kept and will come with purchase if needed/wanted). Also has had some new parts covered under the Toyota warranty, new air con condenser and new interior alarm system and ECU (receipts of work kept). Tyres may need to be changed, but was planning on waiting till I got the new wheels on but that hasn't happened due to covid.

Overview:
2013 reg
automatic
cloth seats
25,030 miles
MOT until 25th August 2021
2 previous owners
no outstanding recalls
keyless entry & push button start
climate control
Cruise control

£14,000 O.N.O

Modifications:
KW variant 3 inox coilovers (new £1,320)
carbon glove and stereo bezel
HKS performance exhaust system - high power spec L - carbon (new £925)
Pioneer SPH-DA130DAB stereo (with apple carplay)
valenti tail lights (£279 new)
T Style Carbon Rear Spoiler (£290 new)
cosworth brake pads front and back, only had 2k miles on
stoptech grooved rear brake discs

I also have available some never been used Work Emotion ultimate kiwami wheels (no tyres) that I can throw in for an extra £1000 (new £1,500),
PCD 5x100
18 x 9.5
38 offset
matte black
blue valves and black centre caps (have some wheel nuts available too)

IMG_0777.JPEG

IMG_0781.JPEG

IMG_0782.JPEG

IMG_0783.JPEG

IMG_0784.JPEG

IMG_0790.JPEG

IMG_0792.JPEG

IMG_0794.JPEG

IMG_0795.JPEG

Agree with the above. I think you'll be doing well to sell for much more than £12k, maybe £12,500 on a good day. If the £16k asking has come from rough market value PLUS the rough cost of the modifications, then that's not really how it works in the real world! For most people modifications will decrease the value, unless you find someone who was specifically looking to make those modifications themselves (which does happen of course).

Good points:

Mileage
Service history
Brake pads and rotors

Bad points:

Automatic
Modified
Needs tyres

For another point of reference, six months ago I paid under £12k privately for a 2015 BRZ Lux with 25k miles on it, with part service history. It also needed tyres, and a thorough servicing (everything bar coolant and plugs).

Sadly second hand parts are only worth 30-50% of their original value when removed and sold seperately (ask me how I know ☹️). Left on the car, they add very little value sadly.

For reference, my 12 plate 15k miles WITH a £6k supercharger, exhaust, wheels, suspension cost me £16.5k 4 years ago!

Also to note - dealers will charge £500-1k more than private sellers.

I know one sold last week from a private seller on autotrader for £12k - one year older than yours but same mileage. I thought £12k was optimistic so I asked him to let me know how he got on with selling. They've risen in price slightly over the last 12 months.

Yours is, in my opinion, worth £13k if you find a buyer who values the modifications. I've been keeping a close eye on prices as I'm about to sell mine.

Sorry I will shut up now and good luck with your sale!