Jay Bamrah

Tuning development NA kit, should I also get super res catback?

Hey so I was hoping some people here would have had the Tuning Developments NA kit. Some with and some without the extra super resonated cat back exhaust.

is it worth throwing in that or not? Is super resonated literally resonated but less Decibels?

I plan to down the line get the turbo kit too so If I would need this extra down the line anyway then I may as well get it now with the NA kit you know?

any sound clips of any customers with either of the options or reviews/advice I really appreciate guys :)

1 minute ago, MartinT said:

I had to swap out the resonator for the super-resonator.

My BRZ is my daily driver and it was just too loud to be tolerable on my 40 mile commute. It was also sleepy village uncouth at night.

What’s the loudness like on the super resonator I watch YouTube videos on it but it’s hard to tell from earphones. I also don’t want a loud car I just want it to sound nice but not loud

4 hours ago, MartinT said:

It sounds nice with the super-resonator, no drone on the motorway but still makes its presence known.

This.

My partner hated the resonated version on both the N/A and the Turbo. The car was loud on the N/A kit and wasn't appreciated by heathens when on cold start. Generally couldn't listen to the radio without it almost being at full volume.

I've only had the SR on the turbo, and is fairly quiet, listen to the radio on cruises, and allows you to hear the turbo do it's thing. It's also quiet enough to meet noise regs at tracks like Bedford (or I wasn't warned about it) but I know it was near the limit at Oulton Park on the N/A with the resonated.

Personally, I would get the SR.

3 minutes ago, GravelRash said:

This.

My partner hated the resonated version on both the N/A and the Turbo. The car was loud on the N/A kit and wasn't appreciated by heathens when on cold start. Generally couldn't listen to the radio without it almost being at full volume.

I've only had the SR on the turbo, and is fairly quiet, listen to the radio on cruises, and allows you to hear the turbo do it's thing. It's also quiet enough to meet noise regs at tracks like Bedford (or I wasn't warned about it) but I know it was near the limit at Oulton Park on the N/A with the resonated.

Personally, I would get the SR.

Hey thankyou! So to confirm he had NA KIT WITH RESONATED then switched to SUPER RESONATED then installed a turbo some time later? Or did he install SUPER RES with the turbo at the same time ?

would you say super res + NA KIT is better than NA KIT by itself? 

29 minutes ago, Jay Bamrah said:

Hey thankyou! So to confirm he had NA KIT WITH RESONATED then switched to SUPER RESONATED then installed a turbo some time later? Or did he install SUPER RES with the turbo at the same time ?

would you say super res + NA KIT is better than NA KIT by itself? 

I had the resonator installed with the N/A kit.

I then had the turbo installed, I then broke my resonator (it ground out on a speed bump in Sailsbury)

Replaced with the super-res

I've never had the super-res with the N/A but personally, to avoid having to replace the resonated version later, I would just get the super-res. But I'm old.

4 minutes ago, Sachin Tankaria said:

Hello again Jay mate,

I've got the TD res fitted to my otherwise stock gt86 so if all goes well with picking up the light you could hear it then!

Oh perfect okay!

I found the res to drones with the manifold swap it had a really loud jump in volume around 3000rpm no matter how little throttle you were using. I swapped mine out for the super res and found it much better although the turbo has quietened it down a bit now so tempted to go back to res.

if you tried the res and found it to late I’d be happy to swap out the centre pipe with my super res 👍🏻

I had the NA kit with a non-res miltek (probably cracked) that got the attention of the neighbours, it could set car alarms off in multi storey car parks. I got the TD super res fitted, quieter all round but still sounds good. Next time I set off for work after getting it fitted, it set next doors car alarm off... 😁

Important question Jay - Are you in for it for the sound or for performance gains? If you are in for the former, then super res it is as with a decatted manifold it gets very loud otherwise. If you are in for the latter, there is really not much in it, so not worth it. 

4 hours ago, BRZ-123 said:

Important question Jay - Are you in for it for the sound or for performance gains? If you are in for the former, then super res it is as with a decatted manifold it gets very loud otherwise. If you are in for the latter, there is really not much in it, so not worth it. 

Hey pretty much the performance, hearing YouTube videos it’s hard to hear volume from that just the sound it makes... it sounded nicer but I  don’t want a loud exhaust. I don’t know if the extra £600 would be worth it now 

6 hours ago, Daninplymouth said:

I found the res to drones with the manifold swap it had a really loud jump in volume around 3000rpm no matter how little throttle you were using. I swapped mine out for the super res and found it much better although the turbo has quietened it down a bit now so tempted to go back to res.

if you tried the res and found it to late I’d be happy to swap out the centre pipe with my super res 👍🏻

Thankyou for that offer! However I’m contemplating if super res is going to be too loud for me let alone resonated 😂 thankyou tho, how much quieter does the turbo make it??