Jay Bamrah

Will these wheels fit

Hey, I found this nice pair of BOLA B9’s on eBay(link below)

I think they would look nice on my BRZ and since I’m going to Manchester for tuning developments soon anyway i thought I could pick them up.

Does anyone know if those will work on my car and/or if I shouldn’t buy them like they don’t have adequate clearance for the breaks or they’re really heavy crap quality wheels etc? I really know nothing about wheels to be honest I just saw the deal on the pretty wheels and wanted them haha.

(stock Subaru BRZ)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/18-BOLA-B9-ALLOY-WHEELS-5X120-18x8J-40-18x9J-45-GLOSS-BLACK-/153791791664?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

They won't fit, you need a 5x100 bolt pattern and these are 5x120. Also these are two different widths (8" front, 9" rear), so you'll end up with wider rear tyres and understeer.

Looks like you can get the same wheels in 5x100 though, pop "bola b9 5x100" into Google and have a look through those. I'd recommend reading up on wheel fitment/sizing first, as it'll help you understand what you're buying. There are online calculators that can show you if the wheels will fit.

I was on my mobile and in bed when I posted that; https://www.willtheyfit.com/ can show you how the fitment of a wheel will change compared to stock.  The standard wheels on our cars are a 17x7J, ET48 (wheel diameter x wheel width, offset) with a 215/45 tyre (tread width/profile).

Just as an aside, there's nothing wrong with a staggered setup (wider rears than fronts) from a technical point of view, many sports cars/supercars use that, but the stock setup isn't staggered so you just need to be aware that you will change the handling balance if you go that route and even turbo/SC you wouldn't need to go staggered.

On 4/9/2021 at 8:32 AM, spikyone said:

I was on my mobile and in bed when I posted that; https://www.willtheyfit.com/ can show you how the fitment of a wheel will change compared to stock.  The standard wheels on our cars are a 17x7J, ET48 (wheel diameter x wheel width, offset) with a 215/45 tyre (tread width/profile).

Just as an aside, there's nothing wrong with a staggered setup (wider rears than fronts) from a technical point of view, many sports cars/supercars use that, but the stock setup isn't staggered so you just need to be aware that you will change the handling balance if you go that route and even turbo/SC you wouldn't need to go staggered.

Hey thankyou for your reply it really helped, I forgot to reply when I first read it haha. I should do more research but I just liked those wheels and wanted to know if they would fit before they potentially sold you know.

Thanks again:)

It's everything wrong with paying own money to make car, which is often chosen for handling as driver's car, handle worse, for sake of arguable change of looks few if any but owner will notice, and probably guided by several misconceptions. Things "gained" with staggered setup: inability to even out wear by rotating wheels, limited tire choice that has both sizings available, way more understeery car, twice harder to find/source single replacement wheel in case of damage, harder to find buyers for staggered wheel set later on. And as one of reasons to go staggered was probably to fit widest tires one can, not only car will loose playfulness, but tire cost probably also will be doubled.

13 minutes ago, Church said:

It's everything wrong with paying own money to make car, which is often chosen for handling as driver's car, handle worse, for sake of arguable change of looks few if any but owner will notice, and probably guided by several misconceptions. Things "gained" with staggered setup: inability to even out wear by rotating wheels, limited tire choice that has both sizings available, way more understeery car, twice harder to find/source single replacement wheel in case of damage, harder to find buyers for staggered wheel set later on. And as one of reasons to go staggered was probably to fit widest tires one can, not only car will loose playfulness, but tire cost probably also will be doubled.

Thank you for that advice bro