Yeah someone posted it 3 posts up...

On 12/2/2021 at 11:01 PM, GT86-Ian said:

From Richard;

If you are interested in ordering a GR86 i will tell you what i know;
There will be 400 available in the UK for 2022
They start from 29,995 (TBC) and will come in 2 specs Standard and premium
Colours will be same as GR Yaris (TBC)
Customer deliveries expected from June 2022
If anyone is seriously interested or actually made their mind up and wants one we can organise that for you

We require full Name address details and a formal request with colour,spec(premium or standard)
£500 deposit
RRG Macclesfield Toyota
Account 45102813
01 06 39
Email; richard.mckay@rrg-group.com

Can't imagine that being the case since the GR86 will be manufactured in the Subaru's Gunma plant and the GR Yaris Toyota's Motomachi., If they were in the same factory then it would make sense, not to mention the colours have already been published everywhere else.

10 minutes ago, Varelco said:

Can't imagine that being the case since the GR86 will be manufactured in the Subaru's Gunma plant and the GR Yaris Toyota's Motomachi., If they were in the same factory then it would make sense, not to mention the colours have already been published everywhere else.

Yes, I hope so. I've seen the shots of the car in Neptune Blue, and to be honest, if I ordered one, I'd want it in that. Looks lovely. 

Agree with above. Scarlet Red is toyota's red which tends towards Wine Red. Subaru is doing Track Bred which is an Orangey red. Highly unlikely they will be the same Red. I prefer the Toyota Red though personally and otherwise Subaru's World Rally Blue.. Neither of them will be options time time around, don't think.

1 hour ago, Varelco said:

Are you looking to get one next year Dave? I'm a red car guy but I do fancy the Halo white too.

I don't know. Really quite like the look of them as a replacement. But I've never bought a brand new car, always thought it a bit of a waste of money, and would usually rather go for a used approved car that's a little older.

However, if there's only 400 coming to the UK, and they are touting that it will be the last of it's kind, I'm guessing they might not be readily available second hand. So now I am trying to justify some man maths to myself and see if I'm willing to, for the first time ever, buy something brand new. It would mean swallowing my pride after having spent years lecturing friends with brand new cars about the depreciation they are wasting money on :D

50 minutes ago, Conscript said:

I don't know. Really quite like the look of them as a replacement. But I've never bought a brand new car, always thought it a bit of a waste of money, and would usually rather go for a used approved car that's a little older.

However, if there's only 400 coming to the UK, and they are touting that it will be the last of it's kind, I'm guessing they might not be readily available second hand. So now I am trying to justify some man maths to myself and see if I'm willing to, for the first time ever, buy something brand new. It would mean swallowing my pride after having spent years lecturing friends with brand new cars about the depreciation they are wasting money on :D

That's only 2022s allocation, production will run into 2024 so it shouldn't be too limited. However if prospective UK buyers are armed with the information that its going to be a limited run, coupled with the production delays from COVID and the knowledge of the imminent demise of ICE in Europe, then its really a sellers market, lead times will go through the roof and price scalping will be rife in the second hand market. So with that in mind its now 399 left in next years allocation (if that is genuinely true), I placed my deposit, bit impulsive and its on a hunch but there is nothing else I want to spend my money on.

8 minutes ago, Varelco said:

That's only 2022s allocation, production will run into 2024 so it shouldn't be too limited. However if prospective UK buyers are armed with the information that its going to be a limited run, coupled with the production delays from COVID and the knowledge of the imminent demise of ICE in Europe, then its really a sellers market, lead times will go through the roof and price scalping will be rife in the second hand market. So with that in mind its now 399 left in next years allocation (if that is genuinely true), I placed my deposit, bit impulsive and its on a hunch but there is nothing else I want to spend my money on.

Nice one! I did write to Richard asking about the Red and a P/X cost. He has no more info. I want the Toyota red but don't think that will happen. If not, i will wait for a special colour performance / Aero edition. I hope it  will come in sooner or later. 

Richard did say colour are 'same as GR Yaris TBC'. So I suspect there are likely more colours to be available. The GR Yaris was only available in Gazoo Racing colours plus the pearl white. 

I would expect that if you put a deposit down now, when it comes to placing an actual order you can choose your colour then and it would seem likely there'll be more colours available judging by what we already know from other markets. 

The Neptune Blue is a really nice colour. 👍

6 hours ago, Lauren said:

Richard did say colour are 'same as GR Yaris TBC'. So I suspect there are likely more colours to be available. The GR Yaris was only available in Gazoo Racing colours plus the pearl white. 

I would expect that if you put a deposit down now, when it comes to placing an actual order you can choose your colour then and it would seem likely there'll be more colours available judging by what we already know from other markets. 

The Neptune Blue is a really nice colour. 👍

Not likely that we'd get different colours to those in the US, they got more colours than us for the GT86 (with special editions) so no reason to expect more than are listed on @will300's link.

Doesn't matter to me as I'm not planning to replace my current car.

6 hours ago, spikyone said:

Not likely that we'd get different colours to those in the US, they got more colours than us for the GT86 (with special editions) so no reason to expect more than are listed on @will300's link.

Doesn't matter to me as I'm not planning to replace my current car.

That's not what I meant. 

I meant that you may well have the colours that Will suggested. 

16 hours ago, Lauren said:

That's not what I meant. 

I meant that you may well have the colours that Will suggested. 

OK, I thought you were talking about the GR Yaris red. Much nicer than the plain red that's being offered, IMO.

7 hours ago, spikyone said:

OK, I thought you were talking about the GR Yaris red. Much nicer than the plain red that's being offered, IMO.

Ah I see! The Yaris red, is simply 'Scarlet Flare' which has been available on the Corolla for a couple of years at least. It looks good in the sun, but it doesn't look good in my opinion when dirty or on a dull day. I had a courtesy Corolla in that colour two years ago. 

Lovely colour although not one for me. I'm a fan of the red carpet gives it a JDM/Honda feel, I wonder if that will be an option for the UK. The door cup holders look more useful which is nice, the door grab doesn't exist like the old car so it wont foul.