tomlee80

66 Plate Facelift GT86 Without Standard Spoiler - How Much To Fit One?

I was wondering what would be the cost to fit the standard spoiler option onto the GT86 I bought in October. I have no interest in carrying out the work of fitting it myself because I'm rubbish at that sort of stuff and the car is still on finance. What route should I take? Boot lid with fitted spoiler off eBay? Removed spoiler only (i've seen a few of these but not sure if its better to buy the whole boot and spoiler).

I don't want to pay an excessive amount.  But appreciate fitting and spraying will be costly.

IMG_20210228_163713.jpg

Lovely to hear as my GT86 is also non spoiler.My 2004 Celica had peeling clear coat on spoiler (which always irritated me an £250 to redo) so was excited to see a GT86 without one. 

More suggestions as I have also thought about this, what about TRD duck bill spoiler, think x2-x4 bolts and some 3M tape from vids I have seen (maybe 3M is tape alone is fine not sure how safe on motorway). Or buy a boot that comes with a spoiler if that exists in scrap yard/eBay may have one.

01EADFFB-ED5F-4624-AD88-A3634E75F9C8.png

1 hour ago, Joolz said:

Lovely to hear as my GT86 is also non spoiler.My 2004 Celica had peeling clear coat on spoiler (which always irritated me an £250 to redo) so was excited to see a GT86 without one. 

More suggestions as I have also thought about this, what about TRD duck bill spoiler, think x2-x4 bolts and some 3M tape from vids I have seen (maybe 3M is tape alone is fine not sure how safe on motorway). Or buy a boot that comes with a spoiler if that exists in scrap yard/eBay may have one.

01EADFFB-ED5F-4624-AD88-A3634E75F9C8.png

Glad to hear I'm not on my own.  Duck bill is nice, but I kind of like the original (also with the slight chance I can trade in a few years when the finance is up as OEM).  I've seen some boot + spoliers on ebay but they're £300+  Also some have the Toyota badge on the left or the GT86 badge on the left... Not sure why mine has not Toyota on the left but I quite like it.  And quite pedantically I like the GT86 badge where it is now on the right!

I would see if another red gt86 wants to swap boots with you. Lots of people want a plain boot to add their own spoiler on without having to fix the holes that are left behind by the standard spoiler. Changing boots is a very simple job of a matter of a few bolts on the hinges unplugging and chasing through the wiring for the number plate lights and changing number plates.

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

On 4/1/2021 at 10:56 PM, tomlee80 said:

Glad to hear I'm not on my own.  Duck bill is nice, but I kind of like the original (also with the slight chance I can trade in a few years when the finance is up as OEM).  I've seen some boot + spoliers on ebay but they're £300+  Also some have the Toyota badge on the left or the GT86 badge on the left... Not sure why mine has not Toyota on the left but I quite like it.  And quite pedantically I like the GT86 badge where it is now on the right!

Yeah car parts are mega expensive I want 2017 TRD front lip which looks cool but £800! Regards your badge placements. So some GT86 differ greatly with badges too I have noticed, example mine has no side new 86 circle badges which confused me so I Googled some car images and seems some have no badges, some have them. So it is probably a spec/no spoiler thing as  mine just GT86 on bottom right thing or 2017/18/19/20 Model year difference.

F4B19B05-553A-44EF-94A4-D290FA6A36F5.jpeg

On 4/2/2021 at 7:17 PM, Varelco said:

+1 To Sam's comment. Non spoilered boot lids are very rare and sought after. So wouldn't be surprised if someone is very keen to swap.

You know what, even though personally I would quite like the classic spoiler look...It's not a game changer, and perhaps not having a spoiler and being "rarer" is actually quite appealing.  Might hold off for the time being. Thanks for the advice though.

If you're looking for the original first gen OEM spoiler then you would need to get a respray anyway as the 2012 - 2015 models have a different shade of red to the 2016 - present models.  

2012 - 2015 is C7P red and the 2016 to present is M7Y red

I'd be happy to swap if your still interested and get the boot lids resprayed. I live just out side Portsmouth so only an hour away from Bracknell. I'm an engineer by trade so we could meet up half way and I could swap them over.

Respray should be around 150 - 300 depending on were you go. Even so its still cheaper then buying a band new wing and getting it fitted plus with a fresh coat of paint it will look brand new.