Nandeyanen

Now a member of the Blanco party

Hi all - I've been lurking on here for a couple of weeks. I picked up my Blanco recently and wanted to make sure everything was fine with it first!

I've owned Suzukis (Ignis Sport, 56 reg Swift Sport) and a mark 1 MX-5 in the past. For years I was fairly indecisive about what I wanted for my next car - I'd considered Honda, then MX-5, then finally the GT86 as they came down in price. My Swift Sport was beginning to get a bit tatty (though I still miss it!) and the right car turned up so I made the plunge into GT86 ownership!

I'm keenly into Japanese culture and so for me the GT86 feels like a homage to so many things; Japan's history of iconic sports cars, tuner culture, touge, drift, Initial D etc. I'm really pleased with the car so far, it's everything I thought it would be!

I've had to change the battery (replaced with a Bosch 65A) and from a bad experience with my Suzuki I've made sure to get a spacesaver spare wheel in there! There appears to be a couple of mods by previous owners; a P3 vent gauge which I unplugged when I had problems with the previous battery, an unknown air intake (I need to get a photo on here in case anyone can identify it) and oddly red LEDs in the interior/vanity lights.

I'm planning on getting a reversing camera installed, getting a stock air intake (with aftermarket panel filter), sound generator delete and maybe swap out some lighting for LEDs. Other than that I think it's a great car as it is and will be keeping it fairly stock.

Unfortunately I don't have any service history so I'm hoping it's all good. It looks like it's been well cared for and the Mot history looks fine. I don't have the manual and I don't have a PIN number for the alarm - should I be worried about that?

I'd better finish up my ramble; I look forward to being a member here!

Nice purchase and welcome!

Depending on age, you may find it has electronic service history.  Worth asking Toyota.

I found the Mk.I MX-5 a blast to drive.  Not fast but go-kart like in cornering.