JBlues

Sluggish after third service

So I have my 86 almost 2 years and I got the TD NA package with a resonated exhaust about a year and half ago.

It was an absolutely incredible change to the car, more lively and the exhaust sounded incredible. The infamous torque dip was gone and my god I loved it!

I took my 86 in for its third service today and after picking it up I noticed a few things.

The car feels more sluggish, almost back to stock and Im positive the torque dip after 3k revs is present again. I fear that the map may have gone/screwed up? I am able to switch between the 4 usual maps with my cruise control stick however I cannot really tell the different between them anymore, especially in throttle response.

I also noticed that my exhaust no longer burbles and pops like before in the 2nd map (I was able to get the exhaust to burble by feathering the throttle previously).

Anyone else experienced this before because I am not exactly sure where to go from here?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

If you're able to switch maps then it's no change in the map. If they disconnected the battery it would have reset the ECU so lost the fuel trims and pedal/throttle learning. You can reset the latter by turning the ignition on without the engine running and press the pedal a few times and then let it idle for about a min.

Not sure why you'd need to disconnect the battery though. Other than that, maybe a MAF sensor issue or an intake leak from changing the filter?

It's quite likely the battery was disconnected and this resets the ECU's learning.  Throttle response is always an issue for me after a reset.

You can speed things up by turning the ignition on (but not starting the engine) and moving the throttle pedal fully down and fully up about 10 times.  This helps it to relearn the pedal travel.  Then just drive it.  Throttle response comes back pretty quickly after that.,

Thanks both for the input - I have tried the pedal reset as mentioned along with a good drive but nothing appears to have happened, will keep monitoring over the next week!

Would a battery disconnect also reintroduce the torque dip that was mapped out? Ive done some more testing today and it is definitely present again.

Air filter has not been changed (I have a K&N rewashable one)

No, the ECU maps can only be replaced by reprogramming.

Worst case, take it back to the tuners and ask them to reprogramme it with your map, which they will have kept.

I would check for other things first, though, like a blocked air filter.