Whizo

GT86 Facelift Bumper

Hi all.

I am in the market for a facelift GT86 front bumper.  So I had a look on the Internet as you do.  Unfortunately, as normally is the case, most of what was available was from the US.  Price was around £300 ish, no grills or anything else just the bumper skin.  This was direct from Toyota dealers in the states.

This sounded reasonable.  I also read the thread posted by Tweedbean and his facelift BRZ front bumper cost him about £278 direct from Subaru.  Again the price isn’t too bad.  So I rang my local Toyota dealer in Wakefield, and was quoted £680!!!

Surely this is a mistake? I haven’t contacted any other dealers yet but just thought I’d post this on here and ask if anyone could recommend anywhere in particular for a facelift front bumper, grills etc?

Some dealership markups might be high, and some parts dealerships get only via importing it from other countries .. which in some cases cut in heavily due shipping and import costs.
eg. recall case when i wanted to retrofit OE MY2015 sharkfin antenna. What costed $150, was 300eur cheapest, in EU.
I'd search for part number of wished part (regarding bumper cover i'd be extra careful though to get right variance, as there might be different, depending on what type of lights car has, and thus - if bumper has or hasn't cutouts for lights washers), and then do cross search for that part number for maybe if i can get it cheaper somewhere else but at dealership.

Thank you Church.  I don’t think the bumper swap is going to be as straight forward as I thought.  The main issue being the placement of the headlight washer arms.  They are located differently on the facelift GT86.  

I could disable them but I rather not do that.  Might have to go away and research this a bit more. 

Ok after some more research, the face lift GT86 bumper is a direct fit.  The only issue is the head light washers.  These are required to be in place and working or it will be a MOT fail.  So disabling them is not an option.

The problem is, even though the bumper will fit straight on the location of the washers is different so the washers will need moving.  How you do this, I have no idea. It may not even be possible.  If it is doable it will need purchasing more parts etc.  So the cost will start adding up, especially with the extortionate prices we pay here in the U.K. for parts.  

On 3/12/2021 at 12:07 PM, Whizo said:

Hi all.

I am in the market for a facelift GT86 front bumper.  So I had a look on the Internet as you do.  Unfortunately, as normally is the case, most of what was available was from the US.  Price was around £300 ish, no grills or anything else just the bumper skin.  This was direct from Toyota dealers in the states.

This sounded reasonable.  I also read the thread posted by Tweedbean and his facelift BRZ front bumper cost him about £278 direct from Subaru.  Again the price isn’t too bad.  So I rang my local Toyota dealer in Wakefield, and was quoted £680!!!

Surely this is a mistake? I haven’t contacted any other dealers yet but just thought I’d post this on here and ask if anyone could recommend anywhere in particular for a facelift front bumper, grills etc?

Seems high

For reference back in Aug 2017 I got a quote for a preface lift front bumper, Left front wheehouse cover (arch liner to you and me) plus clips etc and parts total came to £245.77+vat at local Toyota dealer

Fitting and painting was something else though as total bill was £1252 which thankfully I wasn't paying as I was just trying to get an estimate for someone else lol

So a quick update, I have rang several Toyota dealers and the price for just the bumper skin, no grills, no toe hook cover, no washer covers is still around £650! 

I contacted the Toyota dealer in the US but unfortunately they do not ship internationally.  

So I am guessing, unless you find these parts at a breakers yard, you could potentially be looking at way over £1000 in parts alone.  Then add in paint, if you did the install yourself, you are close to £2000, so stuff that! 

So for now I won’t be doing the bumper upgrade.  If something becomes available on the breakers pages of eBay then I may still consider this as a project.

I did mine for around £700  

Second hand bumper for around £200 

Plastic trims grills fittings etc around £150 

Washer jet covers £40 ( Joke i know ) 

Rest was on paint. 

You will also need new light surrounds as the clips on the facelift don’t match up with the original.  - £40

There was no issue with the washer arms, they’re slightly offset, you just need to modify the covers to fit.  

FYI i was never happy with the way it looked, so opted for stock and TRD. 

You will also need new headlights or unless you want to retrofit some indicators in the fog slots. 

Let me know if you do it, I’ve made all the mistakes with mine. Saves you wasting money.