VAD17

2021 Club & Social Events

Now, with a number of Covid cases going down and vaccination up my be its time to think (or dream) of when we can have again our club and social events and meets again. I think 1st half of the year is probably a non-starter, but according to the government 4-step plan we should be back to near normal from June 21st.

So, here are some suggestions:

Tunerfest South (Brands Hatch) - Sunday, June 20th

Tunerfest Show – South – The Ultimate Performance Car Event

(I know I said June is probably too early, but Tunerfest was always one of my favorite events (and the 1st ever I attended with the club 4yrs ago) - would love to do it again this year as 2020 was cancelled)

Simply Japanese at Beaulieu - Sunday, July 25th

Simply Japanese Rally | 25 July 2021 | Beaulieu, National Motor Museum

Good event for entire family, can be combined with New Forest weekend. I am usually away around this time, but if I stay in the UK due to travel restrictions would be keen to do it.

Go Japan! (Brands Hatch) - Sunday, September 26th

Go Japan! – Japanese Automotive & Cultural Celebration

I think it was probably the only "official" event in 2020 where we had a club stand. Even with social distancing it can be great fun.

Autumn Action Day (Castle Combe) - Saturday, October 8th

Castle Combe Race Circuit (castlecombecircuit.co.uk)

Halloween Action Day (Castle Combe) - Saturday, October 30th

Castle Combe Race Circuit (castlecombecircuit.co.uk)

Castle Combe action days are not that popular with the club, but we have done them few years ago and also joined couple times Weekend Racers club.

If you keen to attend any (or suggest any other events) let me know. If we have enough interest I will organize a club stand (and muffins for Tunerfest or Go Japan! are on me for all attendees on club stand :) ).

... and subject to restrictions being lifted I hope we'll do couple social meets and drives 2nd half of 2021!

Look forward to seeing you guys in the coming months.

I think its probably unlikely any large events will go ahead prior to June 21st (although who knows), but looks like Simply Japanese at Beaulieu (July 25th) and Go Japan! (Sep 26th) should get enough interest.

I will check with organizers whether we would be allowed to have club stands. Assuming yes I will put both events provisionally in the club calendar.

World of Wheels @ Bentley Motor Museum - August Bank Holiday WE

World of Wheels

Would you like to join the club stand for World of Wheels @ Bentley Motor Museum (Sussex, BN8 5AF)?

Its a 3-day event over the August Bank Holiday, but we can organise a club stand for Sunday 29th or Monday 30th (Bank Holiday Monday).

Shout if you're interested and I can arrange a club stand and provide details

Early bird price of £10 (per day)

Here is the link to the event in the calendar

World of Wheels - Sunday, Aug 29th - Official Club Events - Toyota GT86 and Subaru BRZ Drivers Club

Club stand can be selected from the drop down menu.

Just to remind what other events we have planned so far

Sunday, June 20th - Tunerfest South

Tunerfest South - Brands Hatch - Sunday, June 20, 2021 - Official Club Events - Toyota GT86 and Subaru BRZ Drivers Club

Sunday, July 25th - Simply Japanese Beaulieu

Simply Japanese Beaulieu 2021 - Social Events - Toyota GT86 and Subaru BRZ Drivers Club

Sunday, September 26th - Go Japan! Brands Hatch

Go Japan! - Brands Hatch - Official Club Events - Toyota GT86 and Subaru BRZ Drivers Club

Hope to see you there guys!

Just received my tickets for our club stand at Bromley Pageant of Motoring - for Sunday, June 12, 2022 😀

Well, thats sorted then 🤣 may as well put it in the diary

We have few more club events planned. Check out the calendar (or Events on Club FB Page).

Sunday, Aug 8th - 86 Day Celebration @ Caffeine & Machine

86 Day Celebration at Caffiene and Machine - 08/08 - Official Club Events - Toyota GT86 and Subaru BRZ Drivers Club

Sunday, Sep 4th - Japfest @ Silverstone

Japfest Silverstone 2021 - Official Club Events - Toyota GT86 and Subaru BRZ Drivers Club

Sunday, Sep 26th - Go Japan! @ Brands Hatch

Go Japan! - Brands Hatch - Official Club Events - Toyota GT86 and Subaru BRZ Drivers Club

Hopefully we'll get few more

And a few track days as well if you plan to take your GT86/ BRZ on track.