gazza82

Valenti "Winker" Relay

Anyone fitted one? If so, how the hell do you get the old one to part company with the mounting clip without breaking either the original relay or the clip??

I've got the dash panels off and can see the flasher relay but access is pretty tight and there are some not so nice metal edges up there! I've tried thin screwdrivers but at the moment the two do not want to part company ... (so the dash panels have gone back!

Relay on mine definitely pulls out towards front of dash unless you mean to pull the mounting clip out too ... I've put a far amount of force on it and it doesn't appear to want to go anywhere!

But I'm going to have another go later today ... 

BTW I bought the new "winker" relay through Nengun and to my delight didn't pay extra for customs charges .. came in about £54 on card statement which I though was pretty decent.

£54 sounds about right for japan price + VAT, think it's about what I paid in total after importing mine

Getting the relay out, it definitely doesn't just pull out, I ended up with a thin screwdriver wedged in to sort the clip out and pull out...

Sorted!!!

I unplugged the cable to the old one, plugged in the new one and tie--wrapped it to a suitable place. Left the old one in place in the end. 😂