Gerko_NL

Problem passenger window - wellknown reset doesn't work

Hi all,

I have a problem with opening / closing my passenger window. I've read and tried the usual reset procedure, but it doesn't work.

What works and doesn't work:

• window driver side is working good
  • passenger window is not reacting to switch in drivers door
  • passenger window is reacting to switch in passenger door, but:
  • auto function is not working and it's only going a few inches up or down and then stops again and you have to let go the switch and push again. (It takes at least 7 times to get the window fully up or down)
  • LED switch passenger side is blinking, on driversside both the LED's are normal continuously on.

I've tried also hard reset with deconnecting the battery for 15 minutes and tried the procedure with holding the switches 10 seconds up and down, but nothing works so far.

Who can help?

I have same issue drivers side gonna try try Lauren’s trick. My Auto window buttons started flashing, now not lighting up at all. Window stuck near top. Started with it not going up fully when door closed.

Seems my buttons totally dead drivers side gonna have to get Toyota to have a look. At least servicing Monday so they can look at.

To prevent potential injuries to someone sticking head or hand out of window, modern car window lifters incorporate check, to if they have some hardship rising window, on detecting of which they stop and go into this mode of not closing completely, and on twins it's also indicating with flashing window operating buttons.

Not that uncommon to see in winters if glass is frozen to seals (advise to use some rubber conditioner eg. gummipflege to reduce frosting to). Weird to see it happening not in winter.

If windows lifting mechanism didn't work after reset trick (btw, no need to wait that long as 15s, just with closed doors press and hold it 2-3s past it lowered, and then press to rise and hold 2-3s past it rised. If worked, should be observable right away, with buttons not flashing anymore, and windows operating normally), then i guess yes, something might be wrong and worth making a trip to dealership. (BTW, my memory is a bit vague on this, frozen glass to seals didn't yet happened for last years since started using said gummipflege, but it's also possible, that one needs to use the switches on door, whose window lifting controller needs to be reset)

Thanks for the above. So I took it to dealer as was due yearly interim service anyway, luckily it did not rain much as gap was big enough for water to seep in. Driver door was completely dead button wise for windows. They had to do 1 hour plus diagnostics for extra £95, (1 hour) and had to go into the switch, and found the connector  had disconnected apparently (could have worked self loose overtime), all this had affected central locking too. Now fixed but l did not get an answer to what was going on with passenger window switch, but sounds like reset issues as above.

Someone has likely been behind the door before. I had the same issue when I refitted the door cards after fitting door speakers and sound deadening and window tints. The plug feels connected but has a definitive click if you wiggle it further when reconnecting.