Cerastes

How do we report a user

Top right hand side of every message there is a "Report" link.

(I also got one of these messages - and noticed that a number of new users joined the forum this evening, so obviously an organised attack)

7 minutes ago, Test Drives Unlimited said:

This is what your Moderators should be doing Lauren, why aren't they on top of this ?

I too received a message from someone called Slendor !!

Probably because most of the people with moderator power aren't active on the forum anymore 

4 hours ago, Test Drives Unlimited said:

This is what your Moderators should be doing Lauren, why aren't they on top of this ?

I too received a message from someone called Slendor !!

I am the only one who moderates on here unfortunately. I do not have any moderators! 

For fucks sake. That's 30 reports I've had to go through today. You're right, Nigel, I need some volunteers to help me with this. So many duplicates with a lot of people reporting the same five users or so. 

Any volunteers? 

It's mainly a thankless task I'm afraid. :(

6 minutes ago, Test Drives Unlimited said:

We have 8 Moderators and then there are 7 Committee Members who deal with the influx of New Members attempting to join the club, but if they have suspect IP's then they get no where near the Forum emoji14.png

Thats very good for you, but we've had no such interest when we have asked previously. Problem is longer term I don't want to be tied to it forever. 

6 minutes ago, Philip said:

Dare I ask whether there's any appetite to merge with the "other" forum? (Apologies if there's history that I'm unaware of).

That ship sailed when the other forum was sold on to be fair. We did want a merge, it's now impossible without selling this to the same company (which is american). We kept the forum here owned by enthusiasts and always intend it to be in the future if it exists because that way there's a vested interest and it won't get clogged up with shitty sponsored adds for dildos etc.

If the moderation duties could be shared, I would volunteer.  However, I administer a hi-fi forum and it can be quite demanding of my time.

What I'm saying is, I would be glad to help but only if another 2-3 also volunteer so that the pressure is not too intense on one alone.