Shad

My experience buying from Car Audio Centre - plus some heroes

I find it's rare to have a bad experience with a retailer online these days so this one stuck out and I thought it would be worth sharing.

I ordered a head unit and various bits and pieces to complete the install in my BRZ on Monday from Car Audio Centre. When I checked the order on Tuesday, expecting it to ship, it now said 'back order'. I called the customer support line and was told that some of the accessories weren't currently in stock but would arrive with them by Thursday. I asked if I would have my order by the weekend and was assured that would be fine. Fair enough.

Side note - I don't think their website makes it clear enough when something isn't in stock, so beware of that.

Thursday comes around and I give them a call again around 2pm to see what the latest is. At least one of those items which were back ordered had not arrived yet. Not ideal. So I asked if they could at least ship me the head unit and whatever else was there for me to get on with. "The head unit is out of stock now as well". I was so shocked I had to have him repeat that. Bear in mind, the money for the full order had been taken from my card, so as far as I was concerned those items on the order were mine. Except it turns out they don't allocate stock to an order in that way, and this is their policy.

I was pretty annoyed by this so immediately cancelled the order, and have this morning received my refund. I'm still in disbelief that a business can operate that way - in theory I could end up never receiving an order as things go in and out of stock!

So you may want to consider my experience if you're ever thinking about buying things from Car Audio Centre.

So after all of that, and a bit of ringing around to speak to other retailers, I finished ordering my bits and pieces from Dynamic Sounds and Car Audio Security, both of whom were great and all my items arrived next day. Also praise to Road Audio who I ordered from on Monday and the items arrived next day.

I had exactly the same experience. Ordered some new speakers, sub and amp, at the time of ordering everything was in stock. The delivery date came and went checked the status of my order, just like you it was in back order. Was very disappointed as no one from customer services got in conntact with me to let me know a new expected date. I had to do all the chasing around to find out when it would be delivered. Really disappointed 

That’s a shame, I’ve had that happen with a few online retailers so don’t use them anymore.

Recently had a great experience with Car audio direct, who sent out two separate orders in a very short time.