Jay Bamrah

Thespeedline valenti taillights

4 hours ago, Lordyboi said:

I read somewhere that if you email them and ask them to put a lower price on the paper work attached to the box you'll pay less import tax/no import tax. If true I wish I'd known about it sooner as I got stung with a £50 import fee when I bought mine from speedline but even with import cost included it was still cheaper then buying from a UK based company. 

What price did they put on the paper work? Flr me it was £109 they put the price of only one tail light not two. I paid £0 import tax to the UK and I didn’t even ask them to do it for me

7 hours ago, Jay Bamrah said:

What price did they put on the paper work? Flr me it was £109 they put the price of only one tail light not two. I paid £0 import tax to the UK and I didn’t even ask them to do it for me

Just checked, they put £109 for me also but according to .GOV website you've got to pay tax on anything over £15 so I guess yours slipped trough the crack. lucky!

2 hours ago, Lordyboi said:

Just checked, they put £109 for me also but according to .GOV website you've got to pay tax on anything over £15 so I guess yours slipped trough the crack. lucky!

Oh that’s badass haha. I might sound stupid here but I get a letter to pay import fees before I am allowed to have delivery of my item if I’m right? That’s how it was with my MTEC clutch spring anyway. What I mean is I’m not going to in a month get a fine for not paying or something without realising? Haha

1 minute ago, Jay Bamrah said:

Oh that’s badass haha. I might sound stupid here but I get a letter to pay import fees before I am allowed to have delivery of my item if I’m right? That’s how it was with my MTEC clutch spring anyway. What I mean is I’m not going to in a month get a fine for not paying or something without realising? Haha

Yeh typically they send you a letter when they have your item on UK soil and then you have 3 weeks or so to pay import and then they'll ship it from your local depot to your door. Alternatively if you see your package is at your local depot on their tracking app before you receive the letter you can pop in and see if they'll give it to you early.

This is what I did, I was driving by my local parcel force depot and went in and asked and they were happy to give it to me but now thinking about it this could be why I didn't get away with import as they probably looked a little closer at my parcel as I was asking for it from the front desk apposed to a robot/computer sorting it and missing the import charge, but that just a guess. 

No if you've got your parcel and they sent it directly to you with out sending you a letter saying you need to pay import then that's fine, if you don't pay import they don't fine you they just send your parcel back to where it came from.

Has happened to me as well when I ordered something that cost £30 I paid no import. Again im just guessing here but if they have a high volume of parcels they might not be able to check them all ect. 

1 hour ago, Lordyboi said:

Yeh typically they send you a letter when they have your item on UK soil and then you have 3 weeks or so to pay import and then they'll ship it from your local depot to your door. Alternatively if you see your package is at your local depot on their tracking app before you receive the letter you can pop in and see if they'll give it to you early.

This is what I did, I was driving by my local parcel force depot and went in and asked and they were happy to give it to me but now thinking about it this could be why I didn't get away with import as they probably looked a little closer at my parcel as I was asking for it from the front desk apposed to a robot/computer sorting it and missing the import charge, but that just a guess. 

No if you've got your parcel and they sent it directly to you with out sending you a letter saying you need to pay import then that's fine, if you don't pay import they don't fine you they just send your parcel back to where it came from.

Has happened to me as well when I ordered something that cost £30 I paid no import. Again im just guessing here but if they have a high volume of parcels they might not be able to check them all ect. 

I bought a £25 item and paid £25 for shipping then paid another £25 for import duty so it’s karma for that scam😂

(the MTEC clutch spring)

oh and thanks for the re assurance !