gazza82

Front Pads

Bit surprised that the front pads don't have wear indicators (to warning light) but been searching online and I keep reading "acoustic wear warning" ..

Is this why there is pad material left but they seems to "grind" at slow speeds? Did it first after I washed the car so I thought it was the usual rust layer that appears on the disc being scraped off but now I'm not so sure ... 

And boy is is hard to see the pads through the calipers!

They have a metal tab on them that screeches when it touches the disc. It very loud, so you cant miss it.

Picture stolen from google image search

2ABFDB9C-876E-4D47-B947-9741C1FC447C.jpeg

That sounds so .. horribly simplistic & basic!

Probably more reliable than the electronic type ... on my old Alfa the wires to the pad sensors fell out after a couple of months! They weren't cheap pads either (they were a good brand as when I use the brakes I want to stop!) I super-glued them back in the holes in the pads to stop them flopping around but doubt they would work. I just had to check them more often visually.

That sounds so .. horribly simplistic & basic!
Probably more reliable than the electronic type ... on my old Alfa the wires to the pad sensors fell out after a couple of months! They weren't cheap pads either (they were a good brand as when I use the brakes I want to stop!) I super-glued them back in the holes in the pads to stop them flopping around but doubt they would work. I just had to check them more often visually.
Simple works

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk