psymon_r

Indicators flashing for a few minutes after locking

Hello all,

I've just picked up a 63 plate GT86 today, everything seems to work correctly, except, when I lock the car and the indicators do one flash to show it is locked, then after about 20-30 seconds, they just flash for 10 seconds, go off again for 2-3 seconds and then back on for 10 seconds, off for 2-3 etc. and continues this behaviour for about 5-10 mins... any ideas what is happening or what I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks!

Simon

21 hours ago, Philip said:

What is the red/amber/green alarm indicator on the dash doing?

Did your car come with a copy of the Category 1 Alarm System Operating Instructions? Copy attached in case not.

GT86_Cat_1_Alarm_Handbook.pdf

Thank you for the pdf Philip, interesting information, but confusing system to operate by the looks of things!

I have the smart key system apparently, and the security indicator (the car with the padlock symbol) flashes red along with the red LED down by the boot release catch, also flashing while the indicators are flashing,

19 hours ago, MartinT said:

Bonnet closed sensor switch?

Sent from my LG-G7 using Tapatalk

I thought the alarm would go off too if this were the case? But couldn't be ruled out, maybe the alarm is going off but the siren isn't working,

There are three separate phases for the LED by the boot release after you lock the car.

Firstly the LED flashes Green for 15 seconds "settle" time (during which time the ultrasonic sensors are disabled to allow any air currents in the car to settle). Then it flashes Amber for a further 15 seconds of "Threshold" time (when the ultrasonic sensors become active and understand what the baseline level for the car is). Finally, 32 seconds after arming the alarm, the LED flashes Red and the alarm is fully alarmed.

Is your car doing this? (Also, the bonnet sensor is definitely worth checking, as it's the most frequent source of problems with the GT86 alarm).

Just had a look when I got home, so the LED by the boot release goes though the 15 second flashing green stage, as soon as it switches to amber, that's when the indicators start going, the LED flashes amber for the 15 seconds and then switches to red, but doesn't stop flashing after 30 seconds, just continues flashing red while the indicators continue, unfortunately it was too dark to check the bonnet sensor, will try and check tomorrow

Yup, it was the bonnet sensor hahahha, I've just bent the armature slightly to put more pressure on the switch when the bonnet is closed and that seems to have resolved it for now,

Thank you both for the help and I hope you've had a great Christmas!! Many thanks!