cliddell

Touch'n'Go wiring diagram

Does any have, or know where I can see, a wiring diagram/connector pin-out for the (2015) Touch'n'Go with nav head unit? I'm mainly interested in the 16 pin and 28 pin connectors, but would value the rest, too.

I've seen information dotted around, not info that gives me confidence that it's canon.

Cheers,

Chris

15 hours ago, JohnM said:

Ive used this one for the stereo but it doesnt have anything for the sat nav connectors.

GT86 Stereo Wiring Diagram - Do It Yourself D.I.Y guides - 86Forums.com.au

Thanks, I had seen that, but it only really covers the connectors that match up to the ISO adapter harnesses.

I'm not bothered about the nav aspect, but the reversing camera, parking brake signal etc, those things are spread across the 28 and 16 pin connectors (as far as I can tell!). I think I've got the pins I need, but I'm finding it difficult to be sure!

The reversing camera signal and reverse gear signals are all on the 16 pin connector. 

I think the pin 6 was reverse signal coming from the sensor on the shifter. 

Then you'll need to connect the signal and power from the camera to the the other pins (check this tread).

The original camera supply is 6V and most aftermarket cameras are 12V. I have used a booster that boosts the 6V to 12V and powers on the camera. That is easier than using a 6V relay. 

Ivan

7 hours ago, vanko25 said:

The reversing camera signal and reverse gear signals are all on the 16 pin connector. 

I think the pin 6 was reverse signal coming from the sensor on the shifter. 

<SNIP>

See, this is what I mean by finding it hard to gather canonical info, because according to the thread to which you linked above, the reverse gear signal is pin 2 on the 28 pin connector, and only the camera signal is on the 16 pin connector.

(I was also interested in knowing where the parking brake signal is, which I think is on the 16 pin connector).

42 minutes ago, Mike said:

Is it just those 2 you need (reverse signal and parking brake signal?) 

I know I need the reverse signal, I probably don't need the parking brake signal, but it would be nice to connect it, rather than have a dangling wire,

I've got an Android head unit to go in, and I was just interested if there were any other signals/inputs worth paying attention to (beyond what's in the ISO harness adaptor).

13 minutes ago, cliddell said:

I know I need the reverse signal, I probably don't need the parking brake signal, but it would be nice to connect it, rather than have a dangling wire,

I've got an Android head unit to go in, and I was just interested if there were any other signals/inputs worth paying attention to (beyond what's in the ISO harness adaptor).

The parking brake wire on the hu can't be left unattached as it's used to ensure your car is stationary before allowing video to play. It does this by the wire getting grounded when you apply the handbrake ;)

I wired the parking brake to the ground, don't think it does anything for my head unit, but if you're not stupid, it makes no difference if the head unit thinks you're always stopped. 

Think pin 2 on the 28pin is correct for reverse, pink one? If you've got a multimeter just check the pin for 12v in/out of reverse to confirm.