Joolz

New Owner Just got a Used 2017MY GT86 Pearlescent White.

Originally was looking at Pearlescent white (which is really nice) then the guy at the local garage scared me by saying pearlescent paint rather expensive to fix if accident etc. Looked at red and was leaning towards and grey before that. 1st gens was interested in, but wanted the digital gauges the 2017 provides as well as softer suspension, refined track mode and LED lights. Really loving the dynamics so far much more direct steering and feels lighter and more nimble, very different to my 2004 Celica. Very happy with it cannot wait to  get deeper into its handling. Besides mirror delaminate issue (Toyota are repairing under 2 year warranty) soon it is in excellent condition.

3902E238-62E2-43CA-A5C5-0A7E0C73099D.jpeg

1DE28356-5D48-40DA-ABE4-9236AE66781E.jpeg

Welcome to the foeun!
I think there is a lot of emphasis put on the worst case scenario of how do you match the paint in case of an accident. Accidents are rare and you should not compromise your colour choice for the odd chance of it happening. You look at the car day in and out and must be pleasing. So glad you got the colour you like!

Good choice in terms of having the latest model. Through the lifecycle the car has had its revisions and you have now got all of them. Enjoy the ownership!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Hello and welcome from another new member 🙋‍♂️

I had the same paint on a Toyota iQ a few years ago. Lovely colour, although a pain to keep clean like any white car. The blue on the BRZ is a triple coat paint so just as much of a hassle for damage. As above, I wouldn't worry too much. Just drive and enjoy!

Welcome from me, Crystal White BRZ here. I agree, the MY2017 has some nice features with the improved dials with water, oil and battery gauges my favourite.

Sent from my LG-G7 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the nice Welcomes, the 2017MY updates are quite nice interior too. Good to hear about other paint experiences. People are right just go for what colour you want and unlikely accidents is not sensible to worry about. Did some touch ups today on two tiny stone chips, and someone said in other posts about touch ups being hard to match especially on pearlescent white as it is clear-white then clear again, but only tiny stone chips but does not look too bad at the moment. Gonna sand them down Monday after work when dry

Welcome from another 2017 owner. It certainly is a useful update. Mine is still 100% stock, as it's my daily driver.