Jay Bamrah

I live in London where’s the best place to get supercharged

Hey guys, 

I’m putting the deposit down on my 2016 BRZ tomorrow and just future planning.

when I’m ready to supercharge the car in 6-12months does anyone in the uk know of the best supercharger kit for my car? 99% of them are in Germany or USA for me so far.

max power I am not stressed for I would prefer a reliable engine to one pushing over 300HP.

any advice on where to look and research would be very appreciated. 
:)

0FC02447-D783-46B8-8D14-90D0D660D962.jpeg.f0bd5be3f3b4062346f2a177f2c712e3.jpeg

There are different types of superchargers. There are 2 very popular and successful Positive Displacement ones here : Cosworth or Harrop. Cosworth have stopped making their kit , so you will have to look for a used kit. The other choice is Harrop which does come from OZ and gets rave reviews too.

The other type is Centrifugal, which then brings you to a HKS kit.

If you go with Harrop , Abbey Motorsport in Surrey is your closest and they can supply , fit and tune the car for your needs.

If you go with HKS, Fensport in Cambridge can do a drive in drive out deal for you.

Just make sure you know your goals and are very clear from the start as mods are a slippery slope and there is no end to it. If you add too much power, then you need all supporting mods like better fuel pump, bigger injectors, brakes, wheels and tyres.

Also do you want to make it a road or a track car , in which case coilovers etc also come into play.

Good luck and don't rush for the SC, get the car, learn to play with it, test its limits and then go from there.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, BRZ-123 said:

There are different types of superchargers. There are 2 very popular and successful Positive Displacement ones here : Cosworth or Harrop. Cosworth have stopped making their kit , so you will have to look for a used kit. The other choice is Harrop which does come from OZ and gets rave reviews too.

The other type is Centrifugal, which then brings you to a HKS kit.

If you go with Harrop , Abbey Motorsport in Surrey is your closest and they can supply , fit and tune the car for your needs.

If you go with HKS, Fensport in Cambridge can do a drive in drive out deal for you.

Just make sure you know your goals and are very clear from the start as mods are a slippery slope and there is no end to it. If you add too much power, then you need all supporting mods like better fuel pump, bigger injectors, brakes, wheels and tyres.

Also do you want to make it a road or a track car , in which case coilovers etc also come into play.

Good luck and don't rush for the SC, get the car, learn to play with it, test its limits and then go from there.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Hey thankyou so much!!! Il defo be looking into all of them now!

the car is a daily driver on the road but I just want it to have more punch really. I would be happy with 240-250 WHP which most people seem to be going fit 280-290whp it seems to me, I was hoping that would make it more reliable and maybe I won’t need a new clutch and fuel injectors like you said.

Purely because I like how it looks il get coil overs too though il do some research to see which ones will be best for a SC brz.

thanks bro!

2 hours ago, Jay Bamrah said:

Hey thankyou so much!!! Il defo be looking into all of them now!

the car is a daily driver on the road but I just want it to have more punch really. I would be happy with 240-250 WHP which most people seem to be going fit 280-290whp it seems to me, I was hoping that would make it more reliable and maybe I won’t need a new clutch and fuel injectors like you said.

Purely because I like how it looks il get coil overs too though il do some research to see which ones will be best for a SC brz.

thanks bro!

Mine has a Harrop fitted by Abbey and I'll gladly recommend them and the Harrop kit.  Most of the turbo/SC kits are around 280-290 at the flywheel, which is ~250whp.  Mine is dead on 250whp with the Harrop.  The stock clutch and injectors work fine for that.  I'm running KW V3 coilovers and Reyland's brake upgrade with AP Racing callipers too, the brakes mostly because I get the stock ones too hot on track (even with uprated pads & fluid).  Happy to take you for a spin in it if you want to see how it feels, it's definitely got punch 😁

1 minute ago, spikyone said:

Mine has a Harrop fitted by Abbey and I'll gladly recommend them and the Harrop kit.  Most of the turbo/SC kits are around 280-290 at the flywheel, which is ~250whp.  Mine is dead on 250whp with the Harrop.  The stock clutch and injectors work fine for that.  I'm running KW V3 coilovers and Reyland's brake upgrade with AP Racing callipers too, the brakes mostly because I get the stock ones too hot on track (even with uprated pads & fluid).  Happy to take you for a spin in it if you want to see how it feels, it's definitely got punch 😁

I would actually  love it you could I would pay you double whatever the fuel is too where shouts are you from? And do you reckon if I say you recommended me that it would get either you or me a future discount with them?

1 minute ago, Jay Bamrah said:

I would actually  love it you could I would pay you double whatever the fuel is too where shouts are you from? And do you reckon if I say you recommended me that it would get either you or me a future discount with them?

I'm in Swindon.  I'll be heading past London just before Christmas so could make a detour then, if the timing works for you.  I don't know the exact date yet but I can drop you a DM once I've worked out details.

Mark gave me a discount on some parts but not the SC.  I spent a fair amount when mine was in having the SC fitted; they fitted my brakes & suspension (Black Friday purchases!), and sourced me a new manifold, catback, and some other suspension parts (LCA, ARB, and bushes) and fitted those.

7 minutes ago, spikyone said:

I'm in Swindon.  I'll be heading past London just before Christmas so could make a detour then, if the timing works for you.  I don't know the exact date yet but I can drop you a DM once I've worked out details.

Mark gave me a discount on some parts but not the SC.  I spent a fair amount when mine was in having the SC fitted; they fitted my brakes & suspension (Black Friday purchases!), and sourced me a new manifold, catback, and some other suspension parts (LCA, ARB, and bushes) and fitted those.

Rg279db is my postcode if you check google maps let me know where you would like me to drive to to meet up with you on your way and when. Obviously I don’t want to take you on a detour so just tell me where would be the smallest journey I would have to take to meet you on your route bro!

Just now, Leeky said:

There is a chap on Facebook Marketplace selling a brand new Cosworth Stage1 & Stage2 Supercharger kit with the Ecutek programming kit for £5200.

I wish I could buy it but I bought my car today so I’m broke after insurance :( thankyou tho !

4 hours ago, BRZ-123 said:

Cosworth have stopped making their kit , so you will have to look for a used kit.

That's not entirely true.... I shall explain.

Had a little convo with Matt@Cosworth recently and he told me they do have supercharger kits, but they are missing the Eaton blowers themselves. Now if there was a group buy he said that it might enough to convince his boss to buy some superchargers to make up and sell some kits...

Food for thought for those on the fence.