Leeky

Genuine Toyota 86 Blue Coolant Mix percentage?

Hey Peep,

Cant seem to find this info online so posting it here.

Does anyone know the water/coolant ratio in the Genuine Toyota 86 Blue Pre-Mixed?

I’d assume its 50/50 or 60:40 but I cant find anything specific online.

B2FB482D-90F5-41F9-BFA8-05782B81E9C0.jpeg

There is also case of vendor selling same fluid in different volumes and in different premix proportions. More often larger volume bottles premixed, smaller as concentrates pre-premix.

Does bottle have part number? Have you tried finding more info searching with that PN?

Also it's just coolant. I'm not sure i'd be that keen of 100% sticking to one single OE type of fluid.

Tried searching the part number off the bottle but couldn't find any official details/stats. It doesn’t matter too much to me if its 50:50 or 60:40. I was just curious if its actually stated anywhere online.

Looking to use it in my Cosworth charge cooler and need anything thats greater than 25:75.

Granted I could use any coolant but I think it would be useful to use the Toyota blue then its the same coolant everywhere in the car. Means I could take a single 1litre bottle to a track day and could use it to top up both systems if either ran low.

On the 3SGTE you used to run the Toyota Red in both the ChargeCooler and the engine coolant system so I thought it probably best to do the same on my 86.

Its 50/50 so can be used in your Cossie.
The advise i give to Toyota cousins is , look up the subaru equivalent part number. All parts in this car are Subaru made and subaru spec. Toyota do not use the blue coolant, generally pink and this is a repackaged Subaru bottle.
Screenshot_20201204-210642_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Toyota do use the blue Subaru coolant in the 86...

Do not use In their other cars, I meant. Apologies. So this is a subaru repackaged one and hence I gave you the picture with the 50/50 mix.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I actually use the Toyota pink in my charge cooler - theory being, if it leaks I'll know which system it is. I think the Toyota stuff is easier and cheaper to come by. I used it pure, it won't have that big of an impact on temperatures anyway, or dilute it down a bit using distilled water.

Oh there is impact. Just it gets hidden due design and cooling reserves of automotive cooling system.

Water has one of best specific volumetric heat capacity for different coolants (especially if excluding several exotic or rare/expensive or poisonous or with other serious drawbacks coolants). Most additives of different kind to that water have that heat capacity worse, but are there for eg. lowering freezing temps, reduce bio (eg. algae) buildup/growth, and reduce electrolytic corrosion in cooling loop with elements of electrically dissimilar metals (eg. copper vs brass vs alu vs steel). So if i'd live in tropical country, i'd run distilled water all the time, and not just because it's cheaper, but also because will cool better.

You don't see that if coolant having worse heat capacity in car cooling has worsened cooling, due: cooling system having extra cooling headroom to work also in worst case scenario sufficiently as designed by car manufacturer (also taking into account properties of commonly used coolants), also in it's design there being thermostats, thermal probes and active regulation of temps (eg. electric fan on rad control). So unless you log also how often and how long thermostat opened to switch between cooling loops, how often and at what speed and for how long fans switched on, you won't notice, if coolant of worse volumetric heat capacity changed something to worse in cooling or not, temps will stay roughly same. Just it will run more often through main cooling loop and fans will work a bit longer/faster.