gazza82

Interior Light Bulb

Hi Gazza. 

Think you might be right on the bulb. I went for one from ebay to make it a bit brighter inside. If you're interested put this into ebay..

Toyota GT86 Bright White Interior LED Kit - Bright White LED SMD - Xenon White

It should bring up a whole set of leds for 15 quid to go round the car 👍

On 11/17/2020 at 7:29 PM, Shippers said:

Hi Gazza. 

Think you might be right on the bulb. I went for one from ebay to make it a bit brighter inside. If you're interested put this into ebay..

Toyota GT86 Bright White Interior LED Kit - Bright White LED SMD - Xenon White

It should bring up a whole set of leds for 15 quid to go round the car 👍

How did you get on with these, nice and bright?  Assuming no horrible blue tinge, but bright white?

8 hours ago, Tweedbean said:

How did you get on with these, nice and bright?  Assuming no horrible blue tinge, but bright white?

Yes, I found them good. Bright White and no tinge. I actually find the vanity mirror ones perhaps too bright! They are easy to swap and cheap so I figured it was worth giving them a go. No issues to report having had them in for about a year now. 

After reading this I finally bought one for mine. It’s amazing how fresh and updated the inside of the car feels when you get rid of the standard yellow/white light for the bright white. I can find all my stuff now when getting in and out of the car. 

3 hours ago, Shippers said:

Yes, I found them good. Bright White and no tinge. I actually find the vanity mirror ones perhaps too bright! They are easy to swap and cheap so I figured it was worth giving them a go. No issues to report having had them in for about a year now. 

Ordered thanks for the recommendation

7 hours ago, Conscript said:

Do they support dimming OK? I think some LED bulbs have trouble with dimming. 

They would need a PWM controller that's based on voltage to have dimming. LEDs cannot change brightness ;) 

My led interior light bulb does dim as it goes on and off in the car. Granted not as much as the filament bulb but it doesn’t bother me.