WW_GT86

GT86 Performance Pack Brembo Brake Pad

Hello,

I recently heard some squeaking noise when I am braking under reversing my car.  I think this is a common issue for the OEM brake pad so I am after some new brake pads. 

I am wondering if anyone knows the part number or which shape of brake pads suits my Performance pack Brembo? 

If this has already been answered, please point me to the right direction and I will be happy to read up on it.

Thanks in advance.

C05038C2-9884-494D-BD3E-140458F7B1AF.png

!!! Please check it and confirm if that is what you are looking for, I never had a chance compare them to my setup because of the virus:

Front pads : P54039N

Rear pads : P56048N

Don't have the part numbers for the disks but you could go with measurements:

Front disk 326mm x 30mm, 5x100 pcd

rear disk 316mm x 20mm, 5x100 pcd

AGAIN : doulbe check the pads numbers - and if that is what you are after - let me know so I could grab a set for mysefl. 

My brz had oem brake setup until last summer , when I converted the brakes to brembos from a salvaged blue edititon performance pack gt86.

Hope that helps.

Greg.

Just to add: my plan for the winter was to take the pads out and compare them with the ones offered in local shops and suppliers. 

1 hour ago, Gregski said:

!!! Please check it and confirm if that is what you are looking for, I never had a chance compare them to my setup because of the virus:

Front pads : P54039N

Rear pads : P56048N

Don't have the part numbers for the disks but you could go with measurements:

Front disk 326mm x 30mm, 5x100 pcd

rear disk 316mm x 20mm, 5x100 pcd

AGAIN : doulbe check the pads numbers - and if that is what you are after - let me know so I could grab a set for mysefl. 

My brz had oem brake setup until last summer , when I converted the brakes to brembos from a salvaged blue edititon performance pack gt86.

Hope that helps.

Greg.

Just to add: my plan for the winter was to take the pads out and compare them with the ones offered in local shops and suppliers. 

Seems correct. STI brake pads can fits directly to theses Brembo brakes apparently.

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122138

6 hours ago, WW_GT86 said:

I recently heard some squeaking noise when I am braking under reversing my car.  I think this is a common issue for the OEM brake pad so I am after some new brake pads. 

To clarify your issue is only when reversing?

I found replacements on ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Genuine-BLUE-PRINT-Brake-Pad-Set-ADH24298-Top-Quality-3yrs-No-Quibble-Warran/402261418507?hash=item5da8a6220b:g:MgUAAOSwho1atwL5

They are from blueprint, don't know anything about them. Price seems ok, even just to try them and test them. Cannot find any brembo genuine ones. Also - you do not need to take the calipers and disks off to replace the pads, so it is quite easy job to replace them.

4 hours ago, Lauren said:

Why bother changing them then? It doesn't seem like it's any real issue. 

Agreed, I don't see the point in changing the pads for such a small issue. For reference my BBK also squeaks when reserving some times. 

The common brake squeak issue is with the regular 2 piston calipers not the Brembo's. 

50 minutes ago, will300 said:

Agreed, I don't see the point in changing the pads for such a small issue. For reference my BBK also squeaks when reserving some times. 

The common brake squeak issue is with the regular 2 piston calipers not the Brembo's. 

If upgrading the pads can kill the squeak issue and improve braking , why not 😜

Issue of noise most often is from unbedded brakes, often from using too track oriented pads that don't get upto temps to bed properly in just daily driving. In such case "downgrading" pads can help better for car that is not tracked, or for dual-use car - two specialized for use pad sets to switch between.

18 hours ago, Church said:

Issue of noise most often is from unbedded brakes, often from using too track oriented pads that don't get upto temps to bed properly in just daily driving. In such case "downgrading" pads can help better for car that is not tracked, or for dual-use car - two specialized for use pad sets to switch between.

My car is a ex-demo and 69 played. I assume they are OEM pads.

WW_GT86: btw, what type of noise you are fighting for? squealing at low speed noise? Have you tried bedding them? (eg. on empty highway to not mess with other traffic, try 5-10 60mph-5mph stops (without completely stopping), then drive a bit to cool off. It won't fix squeal (at least for few days)?

4 hours ago, Church said:

WW_GT86: btw, what type of noise you are fighting for? squealing at low speed noise? Have you tried bedding them? (eg. on empty highway to not mess with other traffic, try 5-10 60mph-5mph stops (without completely stopping), then drive a bit to cool off. It won't fix squeal (at least for few days)?

It says in the first sentence of the first post.

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 12:40 AM, WW_GT86 said:

If upgrading the pads can kill the squeak issue and improve braking , why not 😜

You are actually more likely to end up making it worse.

This thread 😩😩