Kodename47

SOLD: EcuTek Programming Kit + RaceROM Tuning Upgrade

For sale is my EcuTek ProECU Programming Kit. The dongle has been applied with the RaceROM tuning upgrade, a £250 add-on, which would make this around £500 to purchase separately. More info on the upgrade can be found here but this give you access to tuning all the Custom Maps and all 4 mapswitch modes, so this is ideally aimed at those that want to self-tune or have a more in depth understanding of how the BRZ/GT86 ECU works. 

Kit Includes:
> ProEcu OBD Interface Cable
> EcuTek Software Dongle
> RaceROM Tuning Upgrade Applied to Dongle

EcuTek ECU License NOT included. This is required for the 1st time an ECU is flashed by EcuTek and can be purchased separately from any EcuTek Master Tuner, so not required by anyone already running EcuTek.

Price: £210 Posted

2013-01-15_09.17.06.jpg 

2013-01-15_09.17.22.jpg 

Interested in this, but need to understand some of the limitations first.

Did you buy this new, or from another owner?

Did you create a map from scratch? or are there base maps available?

Can ProECU BRZ be used to tune other BRZ/FR-S cars?
Yes, you can tune your friend's vehicles, but additional Flash Fees will need to be purchased.

How do I buy additional Flash Fees or Flash Points in order to program another vehicle?
You can buy additional Flash Fees and Flash Points to program another vehicle/ECU from your Master Tuner. 

How much are flash fees? and how many are left on the dongle?

Without the lead/software how can I tell if my current ROM is keyed, as if it is I can't edit it?

57 minutes ago, scbrz said:

Interested in this, but need to understand some of the limitations first.

Did you buy this new, or from another owner?

Did you create a map from scratch? or are there base maps available?

How much are flash fees? and how many are left on the dongle?

Without the lead/software how can I tell if my current ROM is keyed, as if it is I can't edit it?

I've had this from new, this was my own purchase when I first tuned my car and then bought the upgrade as a way to learn tuning the ECU when the released the Retail tuning options but I have since had a full tuner dongle for some time now, so this is redundant.

Base stock maps are downloaded with the Software, but you have to make your own maps. You can use a variety of the OTS free maps that are around to make a base map if you want to do that. Loads of info and resources here (I'm on there as Kodename47) https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88

You need, what most people call and EcuTek license for the ECU for the initial write, this is the only additional cost that would be required for these. Once the ECU has the license it allows you to flash it as many time as you like. The license is available from any Master Tuner (Abbey Motorsport would be my choice) and is applied remotely to the dongle ID which you then apply using the software update. I believe the license is around £250.

If your ECU has a license already then you won't have any extra costs. The usual way to know if you've been flashed with EcuTek is that you have map switching as most tuners enable this. Note that you can't read a tune off an ECU, only flash maps to one.

More info on EcuTek here: https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117520