Booboo

Aftermarket wheel nut recommendations

Whilst waiting for a set of new wheels (Works Kiwami ) I figured they deserve a new set of wheel nuts. I’ve had a few sets of averagely priced anodised sets, but they don’t seem to last too long and look tatty within a year.  This time I am prepared to spend a little more for some better-quality examples. JDM seems the obvious way to go but are there any other options out there?

Any recommendations welcome

At one point i also was in camp of lightening weight including from those grams in lugnuts and got l/w alu lugnuts. But then i started to go to track and change wheels more often, including using powertools. They don't take such abuse well and now 1/5th of them has thread stripped. If you only daily your car and at most do seasonal tire/wheel change twice a year and explicitly tell tire shop to only tighten with hand tools, duraluminum lugnuts should last sufficiently. Otherwise suggest to get chromoly steel ones, which also should be cheaper, if changed looks is only thing you are after. Steel ones sometimes are smaller though, 17mm, not 19mm as our stock, so worth reminding that stock lugnut wrench in boot from emergency spare kit might not work with them.

I like the Rays steel nuts. Heavier than alloy, and mine have got a little corrosion on them now after a couple years, but you don't need to have awkward conversations with every garage asking them not to use an impact on your alloy nuts.