Bourney67

Stock rear speakers

Are everyone else's stock rear speakers rubbish?  I've got a 68 plate if that makes any difference  ..... I've gone onto settings and tried adjusting the fade , you have to have it on full rear just to hear them and have the volume set at around 30  if that makes sense. Is everyone else's the same?

They are rubbish. Better not to use them. You don't need rear speakers in such a small cabin. I had all my ICE replaced just after I bought my car. Rear speakers were disconnected. Best thing for them. 

Besides a car enthusiast, I'm also a hobby musician. Mainly playing the bass guitar, my ears are trained to pick out the low frequencies. Imagine the shock and horror when I heard the car stereo for the first time. :o

On the other hand, Toyota/Subaru offer a fun car, designed for the active driver, at a fair price. The money went where it should have gone, into the chassis and drive train. :)

They certainly did put the money in the right place. It’s suggested to upgrade the front speakers and simply ignore or disconnect the rears as they’re only 10cm 4inch one way speakers.