happyguy82

Can these dents be fixed? How?

Hi everyone,

Long story short, I had a plastic storage box slam into the car and caused these 3 dents. One on the door and another 2 on that door sill below it.

The thing is, I can't see how the rear of these can be accessed to push the dents back out.

Can these be fixed and if so how?

Thanks in advance.

IMG_8563-1600.jpg

IMG_8564-1600.jpg

IMG_8565-1600.jpg

Try to find a reputable paintless dent repairer - the good ones can work wonders.

I speak from experience! Someone thought it would be clever to walk over my car a few years ago - dented the boot, bonnet and roof - the roof dents even had slight creases in the metal. Looking at the car now, you'd never guess it was damaged, never mind the nature of the damage!

If you post what part of the country you're in, someone might chip-in with a recommendation.

So the door can be fixed by Paintless dent removal as they can access the back of it. The sill cannot as it is effectively a chassis part. The way you do it is weld a piece of metal on it and pull the sill out, then snap the metal piece and grind the weld off then repaint. It is a 300 to 400£ job, if you want it done properly by a body shop

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

You can get access in the sill behind the front wheel arch liner. The sill is open there, if your dent is far down it might be a challenge.

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

Hello both,

Thanks. Unfortunately the repair shop found that the paint under the dent is cracked, about 1 cm. It's not visible in the pictures and I wasn't aware of it up till then. I guess PDR is out of the question then :(

btw...

Yes the sill can be accessed from the wheel arch. The door from the inside after removing the plastic panels.

Given these, it seems PDR involves much more work and risk of further damage.

And yes the detail repair shop said they'll weld copper pins onto the dent to pull them out. They were doing it to another car inside at the time. And yes the quote is just over £400 :(

I had much worse in the same sill/door area a few go, my fav local body shop did their as always amazing magic and no one would ever know - from memory it was £240 inc vat which inc a courtesy car for 2 or 3 days (the whole side of the car was resprayed/blended up to the wings at either end). Good value I think.