Neil-h

Gauge pods

Does anyone happen to know of a decent looking gauge pod for the GT86? I've been looking around for a while now and the best option i can find is the P3 vent gauge but I'd rather have analogue gauges if possible (I find they're better for spotting changes in measurments, i don't really need the accuracy/resolution of a numerical gauge).

Ta.

Block8Head gauge pods are quite popular and clip in to your dash to replace your existing air vent.

I personally went with a Scangauge2 for an all in one digital gauge solution.

42 minutes ago, Leeky said:

Block8Head gauge pods are quite popular and clip in to your dash to replace your existing air vent.

I personally went with a Scangauge2 for an all in one digital gauge solution.

mine doesn't clip in that well, had to tape it down at Croft at the weekend because it wouldn't stay in and was rattling around half hanging out!

18 minutes ago, Mike said:

mine doesn't clip in that well, had to tape it down at Croft at the weekend because it wouldn't stay in and was rattling around half hanging out!

Thankfully mine has never had this issue. 

@Neil-h are you after gauge pods or actual guages? Your post doesn't make sense as you ask about pods but then talk about guages?

43 minutes ago, will300 said:

Thankfully mine has never had this issue. 

@Neil-h are you after gauge pods or actual guages? Your post doesn't make sense as you ask about pods but then talk about guages?

Yeah i kinda crossed purposes slightly. Ultimately i'm looking for a complete gauge/pod setup but i can't find any decent looking gauge pods. The best looking solution i've found is the P3 vent gauge but at the same time i'm not really a fan of digital gauges.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

It's probably not clipped in properly. Mine wasn't at first. Once they're in place properly they don't move at all.

3 hours ago, Deacon said:

It's probably not clipped in properly. Mine wasn't at first. Once they're in place properly they don't move at all.

Yea, I've figured it's not in properly. Getting it in properly isn't the easiest though with the dash not being rigid. Tape is fine for now as I need to move the gauge elsewhere otherwise it's mostly useless with it getting too hot. 

Just now, Mike said:

Yea, I've figured it's not in properly. Getting it in properly isn't the easiest though with the dash not being rigid. Tape is fine for now as I need to move the gauge elsewhere otherwise it's mostly useless with it getting too hot. 

The best way I found to do it was to remove the circular vent below (just pulls out) then reach in with one hand and push the dash up while you push the gauge pod downwards.

They are Prospect R-Spec Step Range Gauges, I think

Block8Head Pod for 3x 60mm Gauges, but they also sell sizes for 52mm Gauges, along with 1x and 2x Gauge Pod Units

The 60mm Gauges were between £65 to £85 each, although they were slightly cheaper because I used the RX-8OC Discount Code that we have

The Block8Head was £113.00 I think

The Passenger Side Pod Unit was £200.00 from Fensport

The whole lot came to something in the region of £800.00 including all the Sensors and Sandwich Plates fitted, but you do get what you pay for at the end of the day

I find this all incredibly useful on trackdays