Billyb

WANTED - Road/Track car

I'm looking for a GT86/BRZ that is already modified for track use, but still road legal. I am looking to spend under £15k. The right car will have track-biased suspension, brakes (and rear cage and harnesses would be nice) and I am open to a car that is either NA tuned (headers etc) or boosted.

The more road-biased suspension set ups are less appealing as I will end up replacing them in next to no time I suspect.

I am 45 and the car will perform some daily duties so unfortunately that rules out lary colours e.g. Orange (shame as I think it looks great)

The fly in the oinment is that I have only managed to test drive a standard car and (no offence to owners) couldn't live with the standard engine, so I am making a bit of a leap of faith that an NA-modded or boosted one will tick the box. I do, therefore, need to test-drive the car before committing so it needs to be reachable from Hertfordshire (HP3).

And the moon on a stick would be nice too.

36 minutes ago, KevinA said:

You'll do well at under 15k with a sorted car, I added up all my mods and it's scary. That's without the forged engine 

Yes, I think you are right, which is why so may cars get stripped of mods before sale. I am hoping someone will prefer a quick sale "as is" than maximising value by stripping.

2 hours ago, Adamd said:

Why isn't this suitable?

If it weren't 4+hrs away from me I would check it out as it would make a good base for what I want. That said, for track work, I'd have to replace the road-spec suspension with something more track-focussed and replace the brakes.

There are lot of other things I'd want to do to make it more track-focussed too e.g. rear cage (or possibly just harness bar), proper buckets etc. Of course I can add those to any car but of someone has already set their car up like this and doesnt want to pull it apart there could be a deal to be done.

Edited to add... I just saw your previous post Adam. You are probably right as there don't seem to be many cars set up for track work. It just pains me to have to do it myself - I am not really interested in the "project", and for so many other models there are cars out there already prepared. Admittedly my recent experience with Clios is a bit of an extreme in that regard!

Good spot. I've been in contact with the seller. Am I wrong to be a bit nervous about the reliability of a rebuilt engine running 400bhp? (and it is a bit more fire-breathing than I had in mind!)

I've also spoken to the owner of the red one in the Classifieds here. What a nice chap.

31 minutes ago, Billyb said:

Good spot. I've been in contact with the seller. Am I wrong to be a bit nervous about the reliability of a rebuilt engine running 400bhp? (and it is a bit more fire-breathing than I had in mind!)

I've also spoken to the owner of the red one in the Classifieds here. What a nice chap.

Pretty sure it has a forged engine so I'd be less worried than one without. It certainly should be quite a beast on track!