Dumbo

Hello There

Hi everybody, I'm a happy Orange Limited (2017) Edition's Owner from Italy. I've been reading here since I bought it (february 2019) so I decided to register.
There's a fair amount of expertise here chassis-wise instead of what I see in my country's forums so I'm here to steal your knowledge (on the other hand we seem to have quite a number of skilled ECU tuners).

So again, hello everybody!

PS: Anyone has the xls made by @DanJ with spring rate comparisions by chance?

Welcome aboard. :)

In terms of spring rates, I would say it depends on what you are looking to use the car for. Whether it's road or track or a combination of both. Everything is a compromise of course. 

Thanks Jay and Lauren

1 hour ago, Lauren said:

Welcome aboard. :)

In terms of spring rates, I would say it depends on what you are looking to use the car for. Whether it's road or track or a combination of both. Everything is a compromise of course. 

Well, I have to say that in road or track I find the stock setup very well balanced, I'd like a little bit less understeer at the limit, expecialy when I'm with the R888R. I couldn't find the OEM spring rate value for the Orange Limited (should be the same of the 2016 model).. I think that would be a good starting point to figure out the right direction (maybe I should create a post or write in the big thread) 

9 hours ago, Dumbo said:

Thanks Jay and Lauren

Well, I have to say that in road or track I find the stock setup very well balanced, I'd like a little bit less understeer at the limit, expecialy when I'm with the R888R. I couldn't find the OEM spring rate value for the Orange Limited (should be the same of the 2016 model).. I think that would be a good starting point to figure out the right direction (maybe I should create a post or write in the big thread) 

I know the spring rate softened on the later cars with the ARB's being bigger. If it's any help the early cars were around 2/3kg so pretty soft really. With coilovers those rates are effectively doubled, though most run 6/6kg, though I run 5/6kg as I'm less of a fan of understeer. Adding negative camber does help to combat the understeer too.