Lauren

Jordan aka Smudge

It is with very sad news that I have to announce that Jordan Wade has lost his battle with depression. To many he was the cheeky and often controversial face of the club and whilst I always saw him as a good friend and a true petrolhead that loved nothing more than to while the night away talking cars with a pint in hand. Those were the good times. :) 

However, he had a true passion for all things automotive for which he lived and breathed. A kindred spirit I always thought if ever there was. That is what I'll miss Jordan for. I have spoken to Jordan in the past about his depression and I really hoped that things were getting better, but that wasn't the case and there is nothing I or anyone it seems could do. 

I am not sure what we will do from here as I would have been at the funeral, but I seriously doubt current circumstances will allow. I am meeting with Richard to have a discussion about it, but feel that if we can't be there we should perhaps organise something else and Jordan would have liked a good amount of GT86 presence. So I will have a think about that and welcome any ideas. 

I have spoken with Jordan's girlfriend, Michelle and she is understandably devastated and confused by the whole turn of events. I have let her know that we are there to support her and we will.

I am just so terribly sorry to have to tell you all about losing one of our best and I think most loved members of the club. :(

Apologies for not making a very well written post, I am just so sad and I can't think straight. 

Rip Jordan. Never met him in person but loved following him on Facebook through the club. Thoughts are with friends and family.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Whilst I never met him, I always admired his courage to keep working away on his car despite all the set backs. From one 86 owner to another. Fair well my friend.

33 minutes ago, Lauren said:

It is with very sad news that I have to announce that Jordan Wade has lost his battle with depression. To many he was the cheeky and often controversial face of the club and whilst I always saw him as a good friend and a true petrolhead that loved nothing more than to while the night away talking cars with a pint in hand. Those were the good times. :) 

However, he had a true passion for all things automotive for which he lived and breathed. A kindred spirit I always thought if ever there was. That is what I'll miss Jordan for. I have spoken to Jordan in the past about his depression and I really hoped that things were getting better, but that wasn't the case and there is nothing I or anyone it seems could do. 

I am not sure what we will do from here as I would have been at the funeral, but I seriously doubt current circumstances will allow. I am meeting with Richard to have a discussion about it, but feel that if we can't be there we should perhaps organise something else and Jordan would have liked a good amount of GT86 presence. So I will have a think about that and welcome any ideas. 

I have spoken with Jordan's girlfriend, Michelle and she is understandably devastated and confused by the whole turn of events. I have let her know that we are there to support her and we will.

I am just so terribly sorry to have to tell you all about losing one of our best and I think most loved members of the club. :(

Apologies for not making a very well written post, I am just so sad and I can't think straight. 

Devastating news - a truly lovely guy. Could we have a GT86 procession behind the hearse to the funeral and then we go onto a pub garden for a drink in his memory??

I'm shocked, really shocked. I also never met him, but his posts always came across with good humour and enthusiasm.

My deepest condolences go out to his nearest and dearest.

That's really terrible news, so sorry to hear about it.  I never met Jordan, but always enjoyed reading his posts and his dogged determination to get the car running again against all the odds.

Condolences to those that knew him, and especially to his girlfriend and family.

I saw the post on facebook earlier and at first thought it was a wind-up .. then I read it again ... and had to read it again.

Absolutely gutted for his family ... and hoping that they can get through this.

We hear of the silent killer being the dreaded "C" word, but there are others and depression doesn't seem to get the attention, funding or priority from the NHS that it deserves. 

RIP Smudge.

So Sad, RIP Smudge.
We will truly miss him
His cheeky responses and comments were not always to everyone's liking but he was helpful and friendly on PMs to some of us newbies.
My condolences to his loved ones, family and friends.
We should arrange flowers from the club I think.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

So many emotions to this news, shock, disbelief, utter sadness, and others I just can't put into words.  I have so many fond memories of chats when I was on night shifts, online banter, chats and laughs at car events and so many socials.  What a devastating loss, I can't imagine the pain and grief Michelle and Jordan's family and friends are experiencing. 

@Lauren I am glad you have been able to reach out to Michelle.  

I remember Jordan well from those early shows we attended back in 2014.

He was always willing to engage in chats about cars and car stuff, and it was always stimulating to be in his company.  A true enthusiast and the GT86 Community will miss a great source of banter and commitment to our cars.

RIP Jordan

Sad news.

Condolences to his family and friends.

I went through this shit and did the self harming thing when I was a lot younger.

I'd have been the first in the queue for a chat to help him through it.

Just saw it on Facebook so had to log on here. Jordan was the life of the party at GT86 events, to think he was battling depression this whole time is startling, but I suppose like so many he got very good at hiding it. Funnily enough the entire time I had my ‘86 Jordan’s was never working, it blew up October 2015, I bought mine in December and sold it last year. Weird to think I’ll never see him driving it when it’s finally completed. I know life had been tough this past year, losing his job through coronavirus and the car having more issues but I just couldn’t imagine anything like this. I cannot imagine how Michelle must be feeling, thank you @Lauren for reaching out to her.

This really was a massive shock to me, i've known Jordan since I got my very first car and he's always been a great guy. It's taken until now for the shock to leave my system in all honesty. Knew he had been having a tough time but with how upbeat he always was always dishing out the banter I wouldn't in a million years think i'd be sitting here writing this...

Today has reduced me to tears as he really was one of the nicest guys i've met, thoughts are with Michelle and family.

Lets hope they successfully finish his V8 project off, he put so much time and effort in to it and never gave up despite all the set backs. 

Very sad news, very sad indeed.

Gonna miss his FB banter, his wit and his cheek, that others have mentioned was not always to everyone's liking... but that was Jordan.

Got to meet him once and we chatted & laughed for what seemed like hours.....

RIP Dude....

I had known Jordan ever since he was a member of the RX-8OC and then about 6 months after I bought my GT86, he then went and bought a Grey one as well

Jordan will be sadly missed :( and poor Oscar will know doubt miss his Daddy :(

RIP my friend

PS : Hopefully we will be able to organise something in due course to honor his Memory!

I didn't speak to him personally but he was such a precense in the club, had a few clashes with him xD. But he had a strong personality and that made him stand out.

Yes perhaps a gt86 procession following the funeral car, and park up around the area or line the local roads to all give him a send off as the cars drive through.

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

Really lost for words, we had many a chat about racing together in various series. Were going to book a track to shakedown his car, I hope it can at least get finished as I'm sure he would want this. RIP mate and you'll never be forgotten.

Very sad news only met him once but always enjoyed reading his comments etc on Facebook and was looking forward to see his build completed.

Depression is horrible! Our thoughts are with his partner and family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk